Jeep Trailers - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Jeep Trailers

Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!XJ Rail Sale!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!

Unread 07-29-2007, 07:29 PM   #1
rgingerelli99tj
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Jeep Trailers

Hi everyone, I have a '99 Tj and am looking for a fairly inexpensive trailer for it...does anybody have any ideas. I want to spend around 300-500 bucks and need one by Aug.24. Thanks in advance.

3.5" Rubicon Express Super-Flex Lift, 285x75x16 BF Goodrich A/T TA KO's, Black Jeep Moab's, Or-Fab Tire/Can Carrier, Hi-lift, MAX AXE, Warn Front Bumper w/ Warn 8274, Custom Sliders & Rear Bumper, CB, Warn Diff. Guards & Gas Tank Skid & Steering Box Skid, Dana 30/44, 3.73's, Magnaflow, And lots more on the way...
rgingerelli99tj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-29-2007, 07:39 PM   #2
Big-E
2000 TJ Wrangler 

A trailer to haul it or a trailer to pull behind it? Either way 300 t0 500 won't do.
Big-E is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-29-2007, 07:39 PM   #3
SlinkyTJ
This space for rent.

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Are you talking about a trailer to tow behind it or one to put it on? There's alot of options to go behind it. You can pick up little 4x6 trailers from Lowes or Tractor Supply in that price range. You're not going to find a decent trailer to put it on for that price.
Unread 07-29-2007, 08:14 PM   #4
rgingerelli99tj
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Something to tow behind it
3.5" Rubicon Express Super-Flex Lift, 285x75x16 BF Goodrich A/T TA KO's, Black Jeep Moab's, Or-Fab Tire/Can Carrier, Hi-lift, MAX AXE, Warn Front Bumper w/ Warn 8274, Custom Sliders & Rear Bumper, CB, Warn Diff. Guards & Gas Tank Skid & Steering Box Skid, Dana 30/44, 3.73's, Magnaflow, And lots more on the way...
rgingerelli99tj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-29-2007, 08:42 PM   #5
fromme
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I picked up a 4x6 without a tailgate from Tractor Supply for $375. It's lightweight enough to pull behind the jeep. It only comes with 12" wheels and it sits low to the ground. I did a SOA on it, which raised it up about 4 1/2". I'm looking for a decent priced set of 13" wheels for it, that will get it up another 2" off the ground (13" trailer tires are 4" larger in diameter) and should be good to go. Good enough to get down the highway and to the camp site anyway.
Unread 07-29-2007, 09:09 PM   #6
claytonandson
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

i got a nice 5 x8 from tractor supply store,but paid $650 f0r it. its nice and light w/ a 1000# capacity and 13" whels. you might find some homemade trailers in that range,but i decided to go a few extra since it included tags,title and inspection.nice feature also is a ramp gate,which makes it easy to load my sons 4 wheeler and mower. plus its NEW!!!
yellow jeep club #343
IAFF /FF's OF WASH. D.C. EMERALD SOCIETY/CHARLES COUNTY RESCUE SQUAD 51
claytonandson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-30-2007, 10:04 AM   #7
vitapimp
Owner of REPOST™

1998 TJ Wrangler 

http://search.harborfreight.com/cpis...yword=trailers

check out harbor freight
<>< Member #35
Red Jeep Club Member #337

What you are is God's gift to you...
What you make of yourself is your gift to God.
Make a change. Be different.
vitapimp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-30-2007, 11:28 AM   #8
DogHouse
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I just picked up a 4X6 from Northern tools for $300 or 350 can't remember. It has the 12" wheels but like others I did the SOA and will find some other wheels to put on. I'm thinking about putting on some Jeep wheels and getting 33's for the trailer. I just have to hack up the fenders and put new fenders on later. It did not come with a tailgate but I plan on making my own anyway.
DogHouse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-30-2007, 01:28 PM   #9
Nick B
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Ok so what does SOA stand for ? Got a pic ?
Nick B is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-30-2007, 01:32 PM   #10
cb19950
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogHouse
I just picked up a 4X6 from Northern tools for $300 or 350 can't remember. It has the 12" wheels but like others I did the SOA and will find some other wheels to put on. I'm thinking about putting on some Jeep wheels and getting 33's for the trailer. I just have to hack up the fenders and put new fenders on later. It did not come with a tailgate but I plan on making my own anyway.
Jr that would be freakin sick

When we do right, no one remembers. When we do wrong, no one forgets.
cb19950 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-30-2007, 01:32 PM   #11
COWBOYJEEP
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I bought a 4x8 trailer from home depot for 700.00 total works just fine has a extendable toungue and ramp gates handles highway speeds loaded and empty no problem . also built a hooped cover for it using uni strut and 3/4 emt conduit and a canvas trap keeps it all nice and dry lol .
COWBOYJEEP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-30-2007, 01:33 PM   #12
Michael_K

SOA = Spring Over Axle
Unread 07-30-2007, 01:34 PM   #13
Jeff65SS
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick B
Ok so what does SOA stand for ? Got a pic ?

Spring over axle
Jeff65SS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-30-2007, 01:38 PM   #14
tcourdin

I bought this from Lowes, 5x8 and around the $500 range. I flipped the springs over axle (10 minute job) to get some extra height and it works great! I've even pulled it through some rough terrain, it skids right along. I've been meaning to buy some taller/wider tires that they sell at the tractor supply stores but just havent messed with it lately.
trailer.jpg  
88 Wrangler, Rebuilt I6, NV3550,Atlas 2,B&M Shifter,38/38 Weber, Skyjacker Lift & Nitro Shocks & Stabilizer, Black Diamond Discos, 35 " Regul MT's & Outlaw 2 Alum Wheels, 4.88 Gears, Dana 35 & Super 35 kit & Detroit Soft Locker, Dana 30 & Superior Axles & Detroit Soft Locker & No Disco, SRC Front & Rear Bumpers, SRC Side Armor, Warn XD 9000 I Winch & In Cab Controls, OR Fab Tire & Can Carrier, Rock Hard 4x4 Full Cage, Hood Rack & Hi Lift & AX, Outland Seats, KC & Silverstar.
tcourdin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-30-2007, 01:53 PM   #15
PeteC
2000 TJ Wrangler 

To the OP, What are you planning to use the trailer for?

If you are hauling something like drywall, then you would need a 4x8.

Are you looking for something for camping? I have a Reese Backpacker trialer. It is like a clam sheel cargo unit for your roof, only bigger and on wheels. Bought used from a friend,not sure of new price but google should get more info.

Of course, if you are looking for a toy hauler (dirtbikes, etc.) then you have other avenue to pursue.
There is no Bandaid for Stupidity
Sorry if my support of legal wheeling offends you
PeteC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.