Jeep TJ Exterior Door Handle - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Jeep TJ Exterior Door Handle

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Truc-Lite LED Headlights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955Jeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at Baselin

Unread 06-07-2004, 01:14 PM   #1
mushupork

Jeep TJ Exterior Door Handle

My passenger door handle has chipped and is now rusted. I am considering repair or replacement. Quadratec tells me that I can get a replacement door handle in chrome or black. Anyone know where to get one that won't rust e.g. stainless?

Thanks!

Last edited by mushupork; 06-07-2004 at 01:24 PM..
mushupork is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-08-2004, 08:28 PM   #2
mushupork

tried quadratec but no luck
Unread 06-08-2004, 08:56 PM   #3
LoneJeeper
i wear foil underwear too

1999 TJ Wrangler 

I gotta tell you, i've never seen a stainless handle. maybe rustoleum could help you out.

hth
lj
Unread 06-08-2004, 09:34 PM   #4
Avor
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mushupork
My passenger door handle has chipped and is now rusted. I am considering repair or replacement. Quadratec tells me that I can get a replacement door handle in chrome or black. Anyone know where to get one that won't rust e.g. stainless?

Thanks!
Go with the black one and don't chip it?
Unread 06-08-2004, 10:04 PM   #5
rainmn
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avor
Go with the black one and don't chip it?
Not possible, it would seem. Peeling door handles are a standard feature from Jeep. Optional are peeling hard top hinges and side mirror mounts.
Maybe Quadratec's are painted by people who actually know how to paint?
rainmn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-09-2004, 08:10 AM   #6
mktbully

possible to powder coat the handles? you gotta be doing something to it intentionally to chip powder coating.
mktbully is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-10-2004, 12:16 PM   #7
mushupork

I know the peeling/chipping paint is common which is why I am surprised there aren't stainless replacements like there are for many other exterior parts: mirrors, hinges etc. I can't find any online though. You hate to spend the money on a replacement that will have the same problems as the original, you know?
Unread 06-13-2004, 01:40 PM   #8
mushupork

Thanks anyways everyone
Unread 06-13-2004, 07:32 PM   #9
BugArt

Tape off the door handle, take some 150 grit sandpaper to it, the shoot it with some bed liner spray...gives it a nice textured look and it won't chip..total cost to repair both door handles....less than $6.00..
BugArt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-14-2004, 06:11 AM   #10
Campy39
2002 WJ 

I have the same problem. I can buy replacement handles from the dealer or online. However I bet the problem will just return.. Hitting them with bedliner sounds like a great idea.

One question, in order to replace the handles you have to take off the inner door panel correct? I assume that is right since I did not see another way.

* Gone but not Forgotten* 2002 WJ SE Patriot Blue with all the trimmings
Campy39 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.