Jeep Tj Engine Hesitation/ Low Oil Pressure - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Jeep Tj Engine Hesitation/ Low Oil Pressure

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Don't forget the Jeep Forum discount, 10% off!Ruffstuff's Monster Shock Brackets!

Unread 07-06-2011, 05:42 PM   #1
Phillip0909

Jeep Tj Engine Hesitation/ Low Oil Pressure

Hi all, I am experiencing some engine problems with my 97 Tj 4 cyl 5 speed with 113k. Some background information, I have recently put a new cat on it with new o2s, a new TPS sensor, and I just cleaned the throttle body and ITPS sensor. The problem is after start up immediately when I go into first or reverse as soon as my foot comes off the gas the engine goes to almost 0 rpms and almost stalls. But after warming up it doesn't act up as much. After the engine gets warm while I'm sitting at a stop sign or red light it will almost stall as well. In accordance with that my oil pressure gauge drops to almost zero psi and remains very low or at zero after I have been driving for a while. Are these problems related? I think the oil pressure problem is a sensor because I'm not hearing any strange noises when the oil pressure goes down. Is it a fuel pump or oil pump? The symptoms I described are sparatic as well. Some days it will run better than others. Thanks for the help. FYI my computer isn't giving any codes. Thanks, Phillip

Phillip0909 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
engine , idle , low , oil , pressure

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.