Jeep Starting Problems - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Jeep Starting Problems

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comEliminate Hood Flutter!!!Introducing MONSTALINER UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 01-21-2004, 07:11 PM   #1
Dioxide
2010 KK Liberty 

Jeep Starting Problems

I have a 2000 TJ and ever since one year or so after I bought her in 2000, it has taken a bit to get it to start. By that I mean I have to hold the key in the start position way to long to get it to catch and turn over. I had the chance to drive a 03 in Arizona and it started up almost immediately after turning the key. I have newer spark plugs just replace them 15,000 miles ago. I did have the problem before replacing them though.

Is there something I am missing here?

I also seem to have a problem with the exhaust smelling like it is running rich. I have had it to the dealer on many occasions to check it out when it was under warranty and every time the same thing there is nothing wrong with it.

I am getting around 11 MPG on the highway with 32" tires is this normal?

Any ideas would greatly be appreciated.

Dioxide is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2004, 05:10 AM   #2
fitzz47
2013 JK Wrangler 

tell your dealer to check the gasket on top of your fuel tank,fixed mine.

2013 Wrangler Unlimited Sport,Soft Top
3.21 Auto Billit
fitzz47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2005, 09:12 PM   #3
Dioxide
2010 KK Liberty 

Just wanted to update this the problem was the seal thanks for the help!
Dioxide is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2005, 09:37 PM   #4
eido

Jeep Ignorance

I recently bought a '04 rubicon. I drove my jeep for a short distance the other day and shut it off for about fifteen minutes to run in the store, when I returned the jeep wouldn't start. After a few attempts it finally caught.

I have always heard about the bad mpg for Jeeps; however, my jeep gets about 12 mpg.

Do I have a lemon on my hands?

Eido
eido is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2012, 04:46 PM   #5
97JGCOrvis
1997 ZJ 

i know im bumping an old thread but WOW my 97 awd jeep orvis gets 14 in the city and about 26 on the highway...
97JGCOrvis is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.