Jeep Stalling and Dying need help please! -

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 03-30-2016, 03:46 PM Thread Starter
Jeep Stalling and Dying need help please!

Hey guys I have a 1997 Jeep Wrangler 2.5L 5 speed I've had it for about a year and a half now and I love it! But for the last few months its had a problem with long rides when ever I drive it longer than around 30 mins (give or take a few) it starts to die whenever I'm at a traffic light or sometimes when its really bad when I take my foot off the gas. When it starts to die it just starts shaking more than usual it dies and if I try to gas it while it doing this the rpms dont go up and it as soon as I stop gassing it, it dies. Now if I go on longer ride like 2 hour rides sometime it has died while I let go of the gas to slow to while turning on my exit, the longer I drive the worse it gets. Please help I really need my Jeep I work out of it. Ive took it to 2 different mechanics the first one changed the fuel injectors, and fuel pump, the second one changed all the vacuum lines, and the fuel pump again I have changed my Throttle Positioning sensor. A friend of mine that works as a mechanic told me to check my pcm wiring, i did but couldnt tell anything was wrong, didn't know what i was looking for, when I scan it for codes all that comes up is the rear o2 sensor because I do not have a catalytic converter on the exhaust. Please help me!

Sponsored Links
post #2 of 3 Old 03-30-2016, 03:55 PM
2005 TJ Wrangler 
sounds like fuel problem

post #3 of 3 Old 03-30-2016, 04:37 PM
2003 TJ Wrangler 
It could be the Idle Air Control module on the throttle body. Probably needs cleaning.
Or, as in my sons Jeep (2.5 also), the O2 sensor.

fix , jeep , tj , wrangler

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.