Jeep replacement fenders - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Jeep replacement fenders

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 02-18-2012, 02:28 PM   #1
1998TJSE

Jeep replacement fenders

Where would you guys suggest getting replacement fenders for my 98 se? Looking for a good deal have someone to paint them. Thanks for the help.

1998TJSE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-18-2012, 02:32 PM   #2
JBTJ
JEEPer For Life

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Try E-Bay, then paint them with Krylon Fusion or better yet coat them with Line-X.
JBTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-18-2012, 03:06 PM   #3
d_roc0420

certifit inc. cheap stock replacement
d_roc0420 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-18-2012, 03:18 PM   #4
1998tjsport
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Just buy some used ones from a person parting out or maybe a junk yard. I sold two front fenders off a TJ i just parted for 100 for both lol....
1998tjsport is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-18-2012, 06:16 PM   #5
Knuckelhead
AFSOC Retired

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_roc0420 View Post
Cheap product too...
Unread 02-18-2012, 06:40 PM   #6
PlaneJob
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_roc0420 View Post
FTW. new fenders are like 37 dollars a side. You will not feel bad about crunching one off road.
PlaneJob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-20-2012, 11:47 AM   #7
duhamel17
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I purchased a set of cheapo's off Ebay and was surprised at how nice they actually were. They fit very well and everything lined up perfect. I think they were about $125 per side shipped. Preped and painted they have been holding up for two years now evne in winter with all the salt. I replaced some junk tube fenders with them.
duhamel17 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-20-2012, 12:36 PM   #8
Gary2
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I just installed my second ebay fender and have no serious complaints. I do recommend if you think you will need two order them at the same time . I replaced one a year or so ago and the one I put on Friday is slightly different shape. I couldn't remember who I bought the first one from and just went by price and feedback on the second one 257. painted stone white and shipped. Problem buying OE used is where they rust they could already be well rusted inside already and you can't see it until it starts getting a brown tint to the surface and by then you have a large amount of rust inside.
Gary2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-20-2012, 01:05 PM   #9
alex211
1995 XJ Cherokee 

I bought a pair from rock auto a few months ago, It was around $250 shipped for the pair. The are thinner than OEM but fit fine, I already got the right one a little beat up but since they were cheap I won't feel bad about hurting them on the trail.
Unread 02-20-2012, 06:39 PM   #10
1998TJSE

Okay thanks guys, I actually have someone willing to powdercoat noth fenders for me for 40 bucks and the black matches perfectly so I will probably just buy some cheap oe replacements. The fenders are all bubbled. Will the bolts be pretty rusty once i got about replacing them? This is the first jeep i have owned and it needs some body work but has all new drivetrain.
1998TJSE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-20-2012, 07:36 PM   #11
LARSONEM
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Ditto on what Gary2 said about them rusting from the inside out. They may look fine on the top, but they more than likely will eventually rust on through. This seems to be especially true for the left (drivers side) fender.

I replaced mine with some new ones from Quadratec. Did them back in Nov 2008. Fenders were $234 each at the time plus $22.50 shipping on each one. My local Chevy dealer where I do a lot of business painted them for $325. I tore the old ones off and put the new ones on after they were painted. The body shop manager told me to test fit the new fenders before he painted them so it any holes needed to be drilled, it could be done before painting and not after. They did a terrific job and it really cleaned the Jeep up (the left one was rusted on the top and the right one had a ding in it that had been poorly bumped out by a previous owner).

The tear down and reinstall wasn't terrible, but it was time consuming. There is a lot of stuff on those fenders. The worst part is there is like 15 or 16 bolts that hold the fender to the Jeep. Soak the heck out of them with PB Blaster. I did, but still ended up breaking 4 bolts between the two fenders that needed to be drilled and tapped.
Unread 02-21-2012, 02:30 AM   #12
Jonny Jeep
Web Wheeler

1997 TJ Wrangler 

You can get CAPA certified fenders for 80-something bucks per side. I'll find the link when I'm home later today.

Rockauto 5% discount code can be found here... http://www.markviii.org/LOD2/products_services.htm

Online factory service manuals (FSMs) and parts lists can be viewed at http://www.jeep4x4center.com/knowledge-base/index.htm
If the link doesn't work properly, look for the service manual link under Jeep Resources at the bottom of the page.
Jonny Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-21-2012, 05:39 AM   #13
JBTJ
JEEPer For Life

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1998TJSE View Post
Okay thanks guys, I actually have someone willing to powdercoat noth fenders for me for 40 bucks and the black matches perfectly so I will probably just buy some cheap oe replacements. The fenders are all bubbled. Will the bolts be pretty rusty once i got about replacing them? This is the first jeep i have owned and it needs some body work but has all new drivetrain.
You can't powder coat plastic.
Unread 02-21-2012, 05:48 AM   #14
athos76
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBTJ

You can't powder coat plastic.
I believe he's talking about the fenders and not the fender flares.
Unread 02-21-2012, 05:52 AM   #15
JBTJ
JEEPer For Life

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by athos76 View Post
I believe he's talking about the fenders and not the fender flares.
Ahh ok, that's better.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.