jeep recalls? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > jeep recalls?

Engo LED Flush Mount Lights *PAIR* Flood or Spot 1,600 LumYukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 05-03-2007, 09:40 AM   #1
esad_b
1997 TJ Wrangler 

jeep recalls?

well i just went on carfax and i typed in my VIN for my jeep, it was just that free carfax one and it found a recall for my jeep.

Open Recall found*:
Manufacturer Safety recall issued
#755 FUEL TANK SENDING UNIT

i just found another one

AIRBAG CONTROL MODULE

this is a 97tj, 4cyl, 5spd.

so im wondering could there be more that i just cant see cause im using that free carfax one, also is there another place to find these?

Also what do i do just take the jeep do the dealership and get it fixed free or charge no hidden charges what so ever??

esad_b is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-03-2007, 09:42 AM   #2
frankiefire702
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Just call the dealer and make an appt. Recalls are totally free.
Unread 05-03-2007, 09:53 AM   #3
Bhelliom
1998 TJ Wrangler 

go to http://www.jeep.com/owners/index.html ... type in the last 8 of your VIN.. and it'll give you a list of all the outstanding recalls
[COLOR="DarkRed"]Old Guy Jeep Club #1026[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Red"]Canadian[/COLOR] [COLOR="White"]Jeep[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]Club[/COLOR] [COLOR="White"]Member[/COLOR][COLOR="Red"]#1026[/COLOR]

[QUOTE=schitzangiggles] But since you are barely able to vote, are younger than some of my socks and as inteligent as the fecal droppings from a retarded Chimpanzee you go right ahead and keep on keepin on. [/QUOTE] - Posted in response to a moron wheeling illegally.
Bhelliom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-03-2007, 10:22 AM   #4
esad_b
1997 TJ Wrangler 

yah i found 2 of them, the airbag one and that fuel tank sending unit.
Unread 05-03-2007, 04:22 PM   #5
Incadude
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhelliom
go to http://www.jeep.com/owners/index.html ... type in the last 8 of your VIN.. and it'll give you a list of all the outstanding recalls

You the man!
03 "Inca Gold" TJ Sport, 4.0, Auto, 4" Superlift , 33" ProComp MT's on 15x8 Crager Soft 8's , D30 up front, D44 in rear (swap), Warn M8000, Infinity speakers, Buchanan Seat Risers, Garvin Wilderness EXT Series Bumper, LoD Stubby Front Bumper, Skid Row Engine Skid Plate, 2-Piece Bestop Soft Doors, AA SYE & Tom Wood's DS, JKS UCA's......

Gone but not forgotten….
79’ CJ-7, Forest Green, I6, Auto, Quadratrac, 31” Dune Diggers. Fully Restored…..
Incadude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-03-2007, 06:43 PM   #6
esad_b
1997 TJ Wrangler 

now im scared of taking in my Jeep and getting those 2 things done on it.. cause knowing them they will fix those but screw up something else just to get me back in there to spend some $$.

What do you guys think about getting those recalls done? essential or not?
Unread 05-04-2007, 09:12 AM   #7
mrsnicks

I would do all recalls.. The dealership wouldn't put it out there and fix however many for free if it weren't important.

And anything dealing with fuel and airbag safety I would want working properly. Your call though.

Patrick
mrsnicks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-04-2007, 09:26 AM   #8
PeteC
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsnicks
I would do all recalls.. The dealership wouldn't put it out there and fix however many for free if it weren't important.

And anything dealing with fuel and airbag safety I would want working properly. Your call though.

Patrick

The dealership does not put anything "out there". Recalls are issued by the manufacturer, either voluntarily or at the direction of the NTSB. And possibly as the result of a legal finding.

That said, yes, it is a good thing to get these taken care of. They are at no charge, just make an appointment. If you are concerned about them "screwing" other things up make sure the delaership has a good service reputation. Talk to the service manager if you want, tell him your concernes that you do not have the finances to do anything but the recall.
There is no Bandaid for Stupidity
Sorry if my support of legal wheeling offends you
PeteC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.