Jeep no start - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Jeep no start

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 09-25-2009, 04:55 PM   #1
00jeepred
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Jeep no start

Allright to start if anyone read my old thread i was driving my jeep down the road one day and it shut off, and hasnt started yet. First response fuel pump. Replaced the fuel pump but that didn't help. Pulled the CPS and it was all melted like it got hot some how. Replaced that and now the jeep will act like it wants to start it will kind chug for a second then quit. If you put fuel down the throtle body it will start and then nothing. checked all my lines and there is no breaks. There's no breaks in the eletrical lines. fueses are brandy new. The relay is good. At this point im just kinda throwing money at it. Any ideas?

I wave.
00jeepred is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-25-2009, 08:28 PM   #2
wushaw
Rockin jeep

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Do you have fuel pressure at the rail?
wushaw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-25-2009, 09:51 PM   #3
SJCOffRoad
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Crank sensor...

I replace alot of them

Steve
Unread 09-25-2009, 11:32 PM   #4
tshively
2006 LJ Wrangler 

So it souds as if your spark is good? Your injectors are not pulsing? Sometimes when a sensor goes bad it will take out the driver for the given sensor from the ecm/pcm which would be your CPS signal. Check your codes and data and make sure you are getting a pulse with out of your injectors.
tshively is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-26-2009, 05:54 AM   #5
00jeepred
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJCOffRoad View Post
Crank sensor...

I replace alot of them

Steve
crank position sensor? allready replaced it. Unless there is something different.

I wave.
Unread 09-26-2009, 06:02 AM   #6
00jeepred
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshively View Post
So it souds as if your spark is good? Your injectors are not pulsing? Sometimes when a sensor goes bad it will take out the driver for the given sensor from the ecm/pcm which would be your CPS signal. Check your codes and data and make sure you are getting a pulse with out of your injectors.
which sensor? I will check the injectors today.

No check engine light so no codes?

I wave.
Unread 09-27-2009, 06:07 AM   #7
kylineman

I have been watching his thread for answers. I have a 92 comanche that is doing the same thing. I also have replaced everything that this fella has and then some.I dont know about his but if I hold mine over three grand it will run until I let off.Any suggestions of where to look next?This is what I have replaced so far Fuel pump,crank case position sensor,map sensor,fuel regulator on fuel rail, fuel filter,ignition switch on colum,throttle body position sensor I beleive that is all so if some one could lead me in a different directin that would be great.
kylineman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-27-2009, 06:18 AM   #8
RicanLJ
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I agree

hook up a noid light to the injector harness to see if you are getting voltage signal to the injectors, inop drivers from the ecu.............................
RicanLJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-27-2009, 11:56 AM   #9
00jeepred
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicanLJ View Post
I agree

hook up a noid light to the injector harness to see if you are getting voltage signal to the injectors, inop drivers from the ecu.............................
Noid night? can i do this with a regular voltage tester?

I wave.
Unread 09-27-2009, 07:28 PM   #10
tshively
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Been awhile since I have tested injectors? Unplug an injector. Take one end of test light and hook to battery positive. Back of alternator or battery will work. Take the other end and test the injector connector where you unhooked it from the injector. Your looking for the ground side. When the engine is cranked over the light should flash. Do not push the test light into the harness connector to hard or it will spread open the contacts. A noid light works very well just unplug injector and plug it in and crank engine. If it flashes you are pulsing the injector. Good luck!
tshively is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-28-2009, 06:09 AM   #11
00jeepred
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Been awhile since I have tested injectors? Unplug an injector. Take one end of test light and hook to battery positive. Back of alternator or battery will work. Take the other end and test the injector connector where you unhooked it from the injector. Your looking for the ground side. When the engine is cranked over the light should flash. Do not push the test light into the harness connector to hard or it will spread open the contacts. A noid light works very well just unplug injector and plug it in and crank engine. If it flashes you are pulsing the injector. Good luck!
thanks for the help. i will give this a shot tonight. Tested the Fuel pump last night and there is no power in the harness to the pump. So i guess im back to square one. Try to get power to the fuel pump and go from there.

I wave.
Unread 09-28-2009, 06:11 AM   #12
00jeepred
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wushaw View Post
Do you have fuel pressure at the rail?
No. i do not have pressure at the rail. Just after i replaced the Crank position sensor it seamed to get some pressure but not a whole heck of a lot. but now there is no pressure at all.

I wave.
Unread 09-28-2009, 03:59 PM   #13
wushaw
Rockin jeep

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00jeepred View Post
No. i do not have pressure at the rail. Just after i replaced the Crank position sensor it seamed to get some pressure but not a whole heck of a lot. but now there is no pressure at all.
Ok now we know you are not getting fuel to the motor. Check your fuel pump relay and ASD relay swap em out one at a time with the horn relay...if your horn works.
Unread 09-28-2009, 04:20 PM   #14
00jeepred
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wushaw View Post
Ok now we know you are not getting fuel to the motor. Check your fuel pump relay and ASD relay swap em out one at a time with the horn relay...if your horn works.
already tried this. relays are good.

for some reason there is no power to t he fuel pump either.

I wave.
Unread 09-28-2009, 04:40 PM   #15
wushaw
Rockin jeep

2000 TJ Wrangler 

You don't happen to have one of them "chipped" keys do you? Well here is another thread that has a couple of diagrams. http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/i-hate-wiring-600464/

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.