Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Jeep makeover - What paint code is this?

2K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  jamesdart 
#1 ·
So I tore my TJ down for paint over the weekend and went to the paint store and showed this pic to the salesman. He told me it was Vitamin C and I bought a quart.......turns out it's not the right color.

So tomorrow I need to return the paint and before I do, I wanted to chat with you experts to find out what color code this is. Any help is appreciated!

Thanks

Attachments

See less See more
Reactions: 1Mudduck
#3 ·
Didn't DC offer a "copper" colour one year? If factory, I am also leaning towards the orange from the latter years (post '02) but it might be copper.

If you are asking us, is it safe to assume the stamped metal plate on the frame (attached just below grill) and the factory door sticker are both missing? If factory colour, isn't this something you could find by looking up the build specs by VIN? Just trying to offer you options here...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#4 ·
So I tore my TJ down for paint over the weekend and went to the paint store and showed this pic to the salesman. He told me it was Vitamin C and I bought a quart.......turns out it's not the right color.

So tomorrow I need to return the paint and before I do, I wanted to chat with you experts to find out what color code this is. Any help is appreciated!

Thanks
If that is a stock TJ color, it is Amber Fire Pearlcoat.

#6 ·
If the sun isn't making it look way brighter, Mrblaine is correct. I could be wrong though, I never new Jeep made a 1997, 4 banger Rubicon like the one you pictured..:eek:

Reactions: 1Mudduck
#7 ·
If the sun isn't making it look way brighter, Mrblaine is correct. I could be wrong though, I never new Jeep made a 1997, 4 banger Rubicon.:eek:

Good call on the 1997. I didn't see that in the signature or profile. They didn't have Amber Fire Pearl that year. This could be a complete custom color.

#13 ·

Thanks
Look up the color Orange Crush and see if isn't what you are after. The amber fire color doesn't have as much gold undertone as the one in your picture.

#14 ·
Thank you guys, to answer some of your questions;

I have a 97 TJ and it's getting a makeover. The color I'm going after is Amber Fire (Thank you) and/or Mango Tango Pearl code PVG. The photo I provided was an example of what I want, not what I have, my apologies for not explaining that.

Here's a few photos of my blue Jeep getting some new paint.

Attachments

Reactions: WmGardner
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.