Jeep Jamboree Murphy NC (Stock TJ w/ 31" tires handle it?) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Jeep Jamboree Murphy NC (Stock TJ w/ 31" tires handle it?)

Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!G2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChIron Cross Customer JK and TJ Wrangler Bumpers now at ROCK

Unread 09-22-2008, 07:43 PM   #1
BRS1998
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Jeep Jamboree Murphy NC (Stock TJ w/ 31" tires handle it?)

I have a stock 1998 sport with 31" AT's. Will it be able to handle the trails at the Jeep Jamboree in Murphy NC without getting stuck or destroyed in the process? I am looking to take my wife and 7 yr old daughter on a fun weekend.
Thanks.

BRS1998 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-22-2008, 07:48 PM   #2
bairy
2006 LJ Wrangler 

The jamboree staff is excellent. They will not steer you wrong and will help you though everything. They will take you on the trails that your vehicle can handle. You will be absolutely surprised how capable your vehicle is.
Make sure you have proper tow hooks/points in the front and rear of your vehicle. You should have a recovery strap(although everybody else will), and the CB is very helpful.

Good luck. You will enjoy!!!
bairy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-22-2008, 07:48 PM   #3
LJlunatic
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Kind of off topic but when and where is the event, or better yet is there a link to the info. I migh like to go to it. thanks
LJlunatic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-22-2008, 07:52 PM   #4
bairy
2006 LJ Wrangler 

http://www.jeepjamboreeusa.com/index.html

(click on register today for the schedule)
bairy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-22-2008, 07:52 PM   #5
BRS1998
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Here is the link. Oct 10-12.
http://www.jeepjamboreeusa.com/miva/...ategory_Code=E
Unread 09-22-2008, 07:56 PM   #6
BRS1998
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the input. The jeep jamboree site doesnt go into much detail other than tow hooks so i wasnt sure.
Unread 09-22-2008, 08:02 PM   #7
LJlunatic
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the link guys....that looks like a good time to me!
Unread 09-22-2008, 08:14 PM   #8
LJlunatic
2006 LJ Wrangler 

OK someone correct me if I'm wrong, but does it cost $195 per adult to attend?
Unread 09-22-2008, 08:42 PM   #9
blktjjp
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bairy View Post
The jamboree staff is excellent. They will not steer you wrong and will help you though everything. They will take you on the trails that your vehicle can handle. You will be absolutely surprised how capable your vehicle is.
Make sure you have proper tow hooks/points in the front and rear of your vehicle. You should have a recovery strap(although everybody else will), and the CB is very helpful.

Good luck. You will enjoy!!!
Agree 100%. Just returned from my first jeep jamboree, took the wife also, she had more fun than I did and can't wait until we go on the next one. She didn't know the first thing about jeeps, now she is talking lockers and gear ratios, go figure. Don't worry about your jeep and have fun.
blktjjp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-22-2008, 08:54 PM   #10
SeanCucf
2002 TJ Wrangler 

wish I could go....tellico beat me last time I was there.

never been to a Jamboree, but I hear they're lots of fun.

warning: They hadn't voted on beer yet(according to liquor store!) and you have to drive half hour north to buy it....LOL
SeanCucf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-23-2008, 08:32 AM   #11
camper49
1998 TJ Wrangler 

My wife and I went to the jamboree at murphy (tellico) a few years ago. It was a lot of fun. Kind of expensive, but still a good way to be introduced to the jeep culture.

The organizers will assign you to a sub-group of vehicles comparable to your jeep. You will be fine in a stock jeep. You will need to meet certain gear requirements like tow points, first aid kit, etc. If you don't have a cb radio, get one. It doesn't have to be top of the line stuff. A small radio, coax cable and a antenna from radio shack for less than $100.

You don't know what your gonna be missing if you don't have a cb. It allows you to participate in the day long conversations between the other jeeps in your group. Makes a major difference in your overall experiences over the weekend.

'98 TJ wrangler sport.....gunmetal blue
XJ d30/rubicon TJ d44...33's with popular suspension mods

want to read my build threads...they're long with lots of pictures
camper49 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-23-2008, 08:41 AM   #12
tjwoo
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJlunatic View Post
Kind of off topic but when and where is the event, or better yet is there a link to the info. I migh like to go to it. thanks
I think its too late to register anyways. Something like you have to register ~6-8weeks in advance to reserve your spot.
tjwoo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-23-2008, 08:41 AM   #13
RandyTJ
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Go.....you will have a good time......it is well organized and you meet a lot of fellow jeepers and see all types of jeeps.

As some one stated get a CB radio.......take the easier trails, and get some sway bar disconnects...........they give your jeep quite a bit more articulation ......makes a big difference on the trails.
White 2005 LJ, Rubicon, Rubicon Express 3.5 SuperFlex, Goodyear 315/75/16 MTR's, Pro Comp 97 16x8 wheels, UCF Tummy Tuck, 1" Prothane BL, 1" JKS MML,Tereflex Disco's, 10,000 lb. winch. CB Radio, Fire Extinguister, Synthetic Fluids, Driving Lights....
1999 XJ 6.5 Lift, Rusty's Long Arm, Four Link Rear Suspension, ARB Lockers Front and Rear, Alloy Axles....
RandyTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-23-2008, 08:51 AM   #14
Whybu1
Lets go Penguins!!!!

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Took my TJ to the Cajun Jamboree 2 months after I got it: bone stock except for 29" Dunlop Mud tires I borrowed. Went thru it just fine. They usually have trails of various levels to accomadate everyone.
Whybu1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-23-2008, 01:31 PM   #15
JeepRocks86
Some Call me RockDog

2003 TJ Wrangler 

If it's in tellico, its a great place. from what i've heard they have closed most of the more difficult trails.

tellico plains side

I have been to tellico 4 times and have gone on every trail. I love it.
My TJ Build Thread.
www.kifourwheelers.com
For Sale:
TJ Rear Dana 44 shaftsfor sale
3 11"& 2 13" BBCS shocks

JeepRocks86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.