jeep is driving horrible. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > jeep is driving horrible.

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 04-14-2013, 07:40 PM   #1
dananderson12
1999 TJ Wrangler 

jeep is driving horrible.

so I lifted the jeep last week. and I have always owed jeeps. I know they don't drive like butter, but I had to pull over when I was rainin because I would have lost control. I have to grip me wheel so tight just to keep it in the lane. its a 4 inch rough country, I am only running 30's on it. should I just go have it aligned?

dananderson12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2013, 07:42 PM   #2
Stud_man50
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Do you have an sye and new CV driveshaft or a trans drop? does it shake at different speeds or is it the steering wheel wobbling back in forth like "death wobble"? Also after any lift a good idea is an alignment because of all the changes that were just done.
Stud_man50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2013, 07:42 PM   #3
Jackal01

2012 WK 

an alignment wouldn't hurt...

Items for sale. See my thread for pictures. PM for details.

K&N 77 series cold air intake

Cobra 75 CB radio
Jackal01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2013, 07:53 PM   #4
dananderson12
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stud_man50 View Post
Do you have an sye and new CV driveshaft or a trans drop? does it shake at different speeds or is it the steering wheel wobbling back in forth like "death wobble"? Also after any lift a good idea is an alignment because of all the changes that were just done.
I dropped the transfer case. and got a new steering stabilizer. will the alignment fix the death wobble. I guess I would call it that. and yea when im on the highway it seems to be losing more control
dananderson12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2013, 08:06 PM   #5
Stud_man50
2005 TJ Wrangler 

search death wobble, the alignment could work but there are ALOT of causes. Mine was a loose front track-bar.
Stud_man50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2013, 08:15 PM   #6
hogbed
2013 JK Wrangler 

You will need an alignment if one wasn't done after you lifted it, also check out bleepinjeep.com he has some very good easy to understand videos explaining "the death wobble" and what causes it and fixes for it.
hogbed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2013, 08:20 PM   #7
durango-bob
2000 TJ Wrangler 

You can and should check your toe-in. Just use a tape measure and adjust the tie rod so that the front tires are about 1/8" closer together at the front than at the rear. There are lots of posts with more specific directions if you need them. But not setting this before you drive it will cause it to wander all over the place.
durango-bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2013, 08:50 PM   #8
Knuckelhead
AFSOC Retired

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dananderson12 View Post
I dropped the transfer case. and got a new steering stabilizer. will the alignment fix the death wobble. I guess I would call it that. and yea when im on the highway it seems to be losing more control
Have you met Stu?... http://www.stu-offroad.com/index.asp
Knuckelhead is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.