Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Jeep doesn't want to run when hot

768 views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Knuckelhead 
#1 ·
I spent two days wheeling last weekend in 100+ degree heat and running the AC. Several times after stopping for a few minutes and turning the jeep off, it didn't want to run when starting back up. It would sputter and want to cut off unless I reved the engine for 5-10 seconds and then it would be fine. The temp guage was running a little high, but not too bad, maybe 220. There were about 15 Jeeps in this heat and mine was the only one doing this. I'm sure it had something to do with the heat, but why just my vehicle? Is there anyway of curing this without upgrading the cooling system.

Mike

#2 ·
try checking your fuel pressure . and do a compression test . any codes? if no codes it's gotta be something basic . if you have low pressure the fuel could be cooking off before it gets in chambers. plus you may need to clean the injectors . do pressure first . it's acting like an old car with vapor lock .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.