Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Jeep is dead

468 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  aTX427 
#1 ·
Jeep keeps randomly dying. Battery gauge goes up and down then when I turn it off its completely dead. I have a new battery and I tested the battery and alternator and they are both fine. I put a load test on it and it recharged. No idea what's wrong? Bad ground? Wire short?

#5 ·
If it is completely dead, the first thing I would do is remove your battery cables, get some sand paper and clean the connection points, then get a package of that battery anti-corrosion grease from a parts store and put it back together. Next, look for a loose / torn ground connection at the back of the block behind the head on the drivers side. If it cranks, but does not start, try fuel / spark troubleshooting. Starting with the key in the "on position", look for 12v+ at fuse #11 and #12 behind the glove box. 11 is for the fuel pump and 12 provides power to the relays under the hood. From there you can start narrowing down fuel vs spark.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.