jack point question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > jack point question

Dual Color LED Light Bars White/AmberTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGAlloy USA Still Available

Unread 05-17-2004, 08:39 PM   #1
Sixxcat1

jack point question

Took my Sport in today to get a noise looked at that my clutch was making. A tech came out with a small floor jack and lifted the front of the Jeep so that both front wheels were off the ground about 6 inches. He placed the jack in the center of the axle just left of the differential, like if you were looking at the Jeep from the front. The contact point of the jack to the axle was about a 1 inch circle. Could lifting from this position hurt the axle? I was told to lift from the control arm mounts. I am fairly new to Jeeps and apologize if the question seems ignorant. Thanks for any answers.

Sixxcat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2004, 08:41 PM   #2
cajunwrangler

should be fine lifting from there
cajunwrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2004, 06:26 PM   #3
Hal

It shouldn't hurt, I've had my front axle hanging on rocks before and it only scratched the black paint off the axle.
Unread 05-18-2004, 06:48 PM   #4
WeBeJeepin'

just curious as to what kind of noise your clutch was making and what they found out. Mine has been making a clunking sound and can't figure out what it is?
WeBeJeepin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2004, 11:50 PM   #5
Sixxcat1

Thanks for all the replies. The clutch is just making a squeaking sound when you push it in, but the service writer said it was some type of cylinder on the engine side of the firewall that makes the noise. No clunks though.
Sixxcat1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.