jack lug wrench extension rod location, and what the heck is this... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > jack lug wrench extension rod location, and what the heck is this...

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 03-04-2006, 06:53 PM   #1
ImaginaryFriend
2001 TJ Wrangler 

jack lug wrench extension rod location, and what the heck is this...

As indicated by all my posts here recently, I'm a brand new TJ owner (somewhat clueless too).

The factory jack and tools where just sitting in the back of my 01 TJ. I figured out where the jack and lug wrench go, although does the jack then tighten up on the lug wrench (like I have it) or against the metal frame? Yes things must be "just right" in my world!

Do I have the extension rods in the right place? There are 2 of them right?

And what the heck is this? *Another* lug wrench? It doesn't fit the wheel lugs, has some weird plastic mount, and I'm thinking it doesn't belong in this TJ. Thoughts? Only thing that intriges me is that it has "USA" on it too, just like the other (I think real) wrench.

The factory wrench has the slot in it for the jack rod extensions I assume.

Thanks as always for helping out the new blood!

ImaginaryFriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2006, 06:56 PM   #2
cp10goat71

as far as i can see everything in place for ya. at some point you ganna wanna get yourself a nice floor jack and some jack stands for all the mods ya ganna start doing once you get the jeep fever.
cp10goat71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2006, 06:58 PM   #3
ImaginaryFriend
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cp10goat71
as far as i can see everything in place for ya. at some point you ganna wanna get yourself a nice floor jack and some jack stands for all the mods ya ganna start doing once you get the jeep fever.
Yeah, I'll be getting a floor jack soon, already have jack stands. Used to have one when I drove old VW beetles.

What about that other wrench? Factory or stow-away?
Unread 03-04-2006, 07:00 PM   #4
CNY
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Posting pics for people too lazy to click.

Yep, you have it all together. The other wrench is a extra. Do you have the special lug wrench key for security lugnuts? Do you have locking lugnuts (check your spare, too)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by symbiont7
As indicated by all my posts here recently, I'm a brand new TJ owner (somewhat clueless too).

The factory jack and tools where just sitting in the back of my 01 TJ. I figured out where the jack and lug wrench go, although does the jack then tighten up on the lug wrench (like I have it) or against the metal frame? Yes things must be "just right" in my world!

Do I have the extension rods in the right place? There are 2 of them right?

And what the heck is this? *Another* lug wrench? It doesn't fit the wheel lugs, has some weird plastic mount, and I'm thinking it doesn't belong in this TJ. Thoughts? Only thing that intriges me is that it has "USA" on it too, just like the other (I think real) wrench.

The factory wrench has the slot in it for the jack rod extensions I assume.

Thanks as always for helping out the new blood!
CNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2006, 07:11 PM   #5
ImaginaryFriend
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamCNY
Posting pics for people too lazy to click.

Yep, you have it all together. The other wrench is a extra. Do you have the special lug wrench key for security lugnuts? Do you have locking lugnuts (check your spare, too)?
Thank you for fixing my links. I've forgotten how to directly link images it seems!

But where do I store the extra wrench (if it's factory)? Or is a store bought extra? Obviously then I store it where I want.

No locking lug nuts anywhere.
Unread 03-04-2006, 07:39 PM   #6
CNY
2000 TJ Wrangler 

No need for that second wrench. I keep one of these in the Jeep. Never know when you'll need to help someone else, or need extra torque.

Unread 03-04-2006, 07:43 PM   #7
chewrocks

I would say its a store bought extra. Put it in the garage with that other pile of stuff that you might use someday
chewrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2006, 07:55 PM   #8
Divinitous
Disgruntled Jeepforum'er

2000 TJ Wrangler 

you have the adapter for the security lug? I never got mine when i bought the jeep used.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enzo Ferrari
"The Jeep is Americas only real sports car!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlaine
"Jeeps do not make jeepers, jeepers make Jeeps."
Divinitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2006, 08:16 PM   #9
CNY
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divinitous
....the adapter for the security lug? I never got mine when i bought the jeep used.
I didn't have mine, either. Had to get the nuts off the hard way.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.