Ive looked everywhere(genright tube fender lights - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Ive looked everywhere(genright tube fender lights

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 10-18-2013, 12:27 AM   #1
MetalMountainGoat
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Ive looked everywhere(genright tube fender lights

If I buy the genright tube fender light kit...this one here: http://www.genright.com/ProductInfo....4#.UmDSglMutsA

will I need the flasher relay? From what I have read, even if I go buy some cheap LEDs from the auto parts store, I will still need the flasher. Is that correct?

MetalMountainGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2013, 12:56 AM   #2
Punisher8738
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I have the stealth side markers and jk front parking lights. I don't use an led flasher and it works fine for me.
Punisher8738 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2013, 02:01 AM   #3
MetalMountainGoat
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Are the front jk lights led. I think the relay is so that the led turn signals will flash at the correct speed.
MetalMountainGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2013, 06:25 AM   #4
SlackJaw
baby jeep

2004 TJ Wrangler 

If you use the entire stealth kit as provided, you will need the flasher. The side markers do not flash but the button lights do. The JK lamps are not LED so if you went that way instead and only use the GR side markers, you should be able to forego the flasher.

Yes, the relay corrects flashing speed for less draw LED turn signals.

Fyi you may find the flasher cheaper local or online rather than GR iirc.

Depending on your year you may want the EP-26 or the LM-470. My '04 calls for the latter, although either would "work". The LM-470 was an easier find locally from Napa. Best wishes.
SlackJaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2013, 06:33 PM   #5
giles45shop
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I installed the Genright kit on my 99. I needed the LED flasher EP-26, but that's all I had to do - just swap existing flasher for EP-26, no other mods needed.
giles45shop is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2013, 06:39 PM   #6
LiveAndLearn
1997 TJ Wrangler 

you can get the flasher at certain autozones. part number is EP26 if I remember correctly.

EDIT: damnit I didnt read the post above me. you beat me to it.
1997 TJ - 4.25 lift, 4.88, D30 w/ Detroit, D44 w/ Superior'ed Detroit and 33 spline shafts, Currie track bar, Warn XD9000i, Currie Tire Carrier, full armor and tube fenders, full custom trunk, Tom Woods shafts, AA SYE, Currie control arms, and Rigid lights. BIG BLACK is my baby.
LiveAndLearn is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.