Intermittent starting - JeepForum.com

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 Old 11-05-2011, 06:55 PM Thread Starter
Flashman
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 34
Intermittent starting

I have a 97 TJ SE - It will start 80 percent of the time but simply not turn over the other 20 percent of the time. Wait 20 minutes or longer and will start.

New battery and cranks over real easy.

What should I look for?

Clutch starter switch?

Starter relay?

Cables?

Ignition switch?

Help please.

Flashman is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
Intermittent Starting Problems explorerlyon TJ Wrangler Technical Forum 2 06-22-2011 05:10 PM
Intermittent starting problem - need help! dabrogger TJ Wrangler Technical Forum 1 06-03-2009 11:14 PM
Intermittent hard starting TJ_Jackson TJ Wrangler Technical Forum 4 08-02-2008 07:24 PM
Intermittent Starting Problem Wrangler95CSA YJ Wrangler Technical Forum 20 01-08-2008 06:00 AM
Intermittent starting problem... squattingdog YJ Wrangler Technical Forum 10 03-27-2007 08:51 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome