Interior lights come on when using turn signals - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Interior lights come on when using turn signals

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineBill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comComponent speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFG

Unread 01-07-2010, 06:53 PM   #1
kking08
2010 JK Wrangler 

Interior lights come on when using turn signals

for whatever reason my interior lights come on only when using the left turn signal, usually after it clicks off the lights will go off or you need to mess with the dimmer switch until they go off. and it only does it with the left turn signal. any ideas on how to fix this its driving me crazy

kking08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2010, 07:54 PM   #2
JeepGuyBrian
2011 JK Wrangler 

ha, that sounds like quite the situation.... and I'm sure you'd find it a little humorous too if wasn't your Jeep

Electrical problems mystify me, and drive me nuts... but I wish you the best of luck! I'm sure someone knowledgeable will chime in, maybe it is as simple as a fuse.
JeepGuyBrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2010, 08:15 PM   #3
kking08
2010 JK Wrangler 

yeah its very annoying, also awhile back i removed the fuse behind the glove box so that the lights stay off when the doors are removed, not really sure if that would matter
Unread 01-07-2010, 08:21 PM   #4
Slithering_Joe
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Those TJ models with the headlamps/dimmer/etc on the turn signal stalk:
I would bet from the motion of you switching your turn signal on the dimmer/courtesy lamps portion of the assembly is flexing which then turns on the interior courtesy lamps. Weird but possible. The dimmer/courtesy lamps switch is part of the Multi-Function Switch (MFS) assembly. The dimmer/courtesy lamps switch sends a signal to the instrument cluster control module (RED wire). Then the instrument cluster control module provides ground (YELLOW wire) to control (on/off ) the interior lamps.

Last edited by Slithering_Joe; 01-08-2010 at 09:20 AM..
Slithering_Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2010, 07:12 AM   #5
kking08
2010 JK Wrangler 

thank you for the info

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.