This seem to be an on and off problem that may have finally reached it's end. It seems for years I had a problem with my instrument cluster. I would be driving and all of the sudden all my gages would go to zero and the airbag light comes on. No tach, speed, odometer, fuel, battery, etc. Then they would just start working again.
Once in the past I think I just removed the panel and reseated it and it worked for a long time.
Mow it isn't working at all. I could take the panel out and reseat it and it would come on for a second but it's not even doing that now. Here is what I have tried:
1. Removed the dash and instrument panel and reseated it
2. checked all the fuses and reseated them
3. changed fuse even though it was not bad
4. shook the wire's to the panel around a bit
5. slightly bent the clips on the panel to get a better connection
I don't even know what to do next. I cant see anything visible that looks wrong. It seems like a ground problem or something like that but I don't know how to check that.
I have read around that there was a problem with this happening with Jeeps to some module but not sure which one they are talking about.
Any help would be great to get my gages back.