Installing Superlift Tru-speed - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 06-27-2006, 04:29 PM Thread Starter
rockhi

Installing Superlift Tru-speed

For those that have installed the Superlift Tru-speed Modual ....where did you install the actual unit? was the install fairly simple? any comments ? Thanks

2006 Rubicon unlimited--6 speed--4" Skyjacker lift- AR Wheels 16x8-MT Baja claw 33x12.50- Jeeperman Frt. & Rear Bumpers- -Rock Crusher Diff. covers X2 -Powertank CO2-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 06-27-2006, 08:09 PM
AZSahara

1998 TJ Wrangler 

The install is very straightforward. Splice into the wires coming off the sending unit and hook up 12 volts and a ground. You can drill a hole in the tunnel above the sender and insert a grommet to run your wires through and you can put the unit anywhere in the cabin where you can get 12v. I actually ran the wires under my console and up into the glove box. Makes it real easy to get to when it comes time to calibrate.

John
L92/6L80 98 TJ
From the wilds of Northern Arizona
post #3 of 4 Old 06-28-2006, 03:56 AM Thread Starter
rockhi

Thanks John..where did you tap into the hot wire on yours?

again thanks

2006 Rubicon unlimited--6 speed--4" Skyjacker lift- AR Wheels 16x8-MT Baja claw 33x12.50- Jeeperman Frt. & Rear Bumpers- -Rock Crusher Diff. covers X2 -Powertank CO2-
post #4 of 4 Old 06-28-2006, 11:08 AM
eastieboy96

I went right down through my shifter to get the feed from the speedo harness. Velcro ed the tru-speed unit up above the travel of the glove box, leaving the switch exposed but easily can take down to calibrate. I think I tapped my cig lighter for my hot and got a local ground.

Just a tip on calibrating, use the percentage of change chart rather than tire or gear charts to make adjustments. This will get you super close to 100%. I check mine with the highway markers and was damn close.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.