Installing radio, now no interior lights/no radio working? What fuse? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Installing radio, now no interior lights/no radio working? What fuse?

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 04-05-2007, 02:34 PM   #1
Ford4Now

Installing radio, now no interior lights/no radio working? What fuse?

Well today I started to install my Alpine radio....I pulled fuse #4 so that while I had the door open I didn't kill the battery. Unplugged the original radio and did some wiring outside the vehicle (I have the correct harness so that I wouldn't have to chop up my stock wiring harness). Got most of it wired up and put fuse #4 back in and now half of my electrical stuff doesn't work. No iterior lights, no dash lights, no radio, no tach, no speedo. My headlights still work, car still starts but I can't figure out what is going on. What fuse under the dash would cover the things that stopped working? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

EDIT: Steelman hit the nail of the head. Fuse #17 it was for future reference.

Last edited by Ford4Now; 04-05-2007 at 04:31 PM..
Ford4Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2007, 02:56 PM   #2
traab007

troubleshoot all the fuses in the fuse box ok? Did you disconnect the battery when u were workin on it? did u possibly short something out by mistake?

I dont know the electrical system real well but if you work backwards, what do all those fuses (ie dome light, dash light, tach speedo) come from? How bout the fuse box in the engine compartment? are they ok?
Unread 04-05-2007, 02:58 PM   #3
Steelman
IX-X-XIII-XIV-XL-XLIII

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Check the fuses under the hood...I'm thinking that the one marked F17 might be your culprit...
my rig: http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a95...n/DSC06310.jpg
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine
Are you bipolar, passive agressive, or just unable to recognize the dichotomy of your thought processes?
Steelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2007, 04:30 PM   #4
Ford4Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelman
Check the fuses under the hood...I'm thinking that the one marked F17 might be your culprit...
You my friend would be 100% correct. Thanks for the help guys.
Unread 04-05-2007, 04:32 PM   #5
Steelman
IX-X-XIII-XIV-XL-XLIII

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford4Now
You my friend would be 100% correct. Thanks for the help guys.
Glad it worked out...I won't go into how I learned about that **** fuse!
my rig: http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a95...n/DSC06310.jpg
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine
Are you bipolar, passive agressive, or just unable to recognize the dichotomy of your thought processes?
Steelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2007, 05:09 PM   #6
Ford4Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelman
Glad it worked out...I won't go into how I learned about that **** fuse!
Yeah seems like that one blows pretty often. Sure does control a lot of stuff for a jump a little 10 amper.
Unread 04-10-2010, 11:01 AM   #7
succubus26
1997 TJ Wrangler 

crap, I lost my instrument panel light/gauges and tried the #17 fuse swap, it was bad, but the new fuse blew right away when I started it up to test it! Blew a couple more new fuses before coming in to ask for help...help?
succubus26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2012, 07:49 PM   #8
Shane13
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Same problem

I have a 1994 Jeep Cherokee...went to replace radio that was in it...then came across same thing. Lost all kinds of stuff...half my interior lights...display under radio, power locks heater, and there is now a ticking noise coming from the dash on passenger side until you close the door or start it. Radio fuse was blown, replaced that and still have all my problems....and still no radio. Any ideas on that?
Shane13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.