Installing Lift on my 1997 Jeep Wrangler TJ - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Installing Lift on my 1997 Jeep Wrangler TJ

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 12-28-2011, 11:21 PM   #1
xalexxromerox
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Installing Lift on my 1997 Jeep Wrangler TJ

Okay, So i just purchased a 3.25" Rough Country lift kit.. The kit includes:

Front: 2.5" progressive rate coil springs, 0.75" poly isolater spacers, sway-bar links, and transfer case drop kit.

Rear: 2.5" progressive rate coil springs, 0.75" poly isolater spacers, sway-bar links, and track bar drop bracket.

Shocks: Includes (4) RCX Performance 2.2 series shocks.

Is there anything else I'm going to need to get or do to my jeep? I am going to be sporting 33/12.5/15 tires as soon as those come in. Any tips are well appreciated. I will also post before, during, and after pics for yall to see the full progress.

xalexxromerox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2011, 09:45 AM   #2
NotURMailman
Straight up fool!

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Looks like they're going to have you re-drill the front track bar hole... you may want to consider getting and adjustable track bar instead.

I would be concerned with the pinion angle with that much lift on stock control arms.

I drive on the right side, what's wrong with you?

Quote:
Be very careful with the wife mod. Uninstallation can be extremely expensive. Wife mods have been known to take the Jeep and all other mods during the uninstall process. Also, make sure you service your wife mod properly as often as humanly possible. Wife mods not properly serviced may malfunction or uninstall themselves at any time.
NotURMailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2011, 09:52 AM   #3
TheBoogieman
Demonic Jeep Freak!

1998 TJ Wrangler 

I ran that lift with 35's on my 03'. I used a MML and ditched the t case drop.I added 4" springs up front to level it out and re-drilled the front track bar hole like mentioned.Use a lock washer on the bolt so it never comes loose and wallows out the hole.
TheBoogieman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lift advice , Rough Country 3.25" , sye kit

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.