Installed BDS 2" lift... - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Installed BDS 2" lift...

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 09-29-2011, 09:22 PM   #46
JeepinJake75
1998 TJ Wrangler 

dla, Thanks for sharing your thread. Your daughter is lucky to have a dad like you. She looks pretty happy installing the lift. After what I have read about the BDS, I'm sure its the way I will go. I will have to wait till mid winter but thats fine. I'm in a 98 wrangler, what is the part #? Thanks again. Jake

JeepinJake75 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2011, 06:12 PM   #47
HanksRide
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dla View Post
We have added 3/4" up front with some Terra Flex spacers and installed a JKS adjustable rear track bar (rear was 1" off after lift).

Finally got the Black Rock type 8 wheels we ordered, mounted them up with some 33" BFG A/T's and we installed them today.

Needless to say, she's really stoked!

Man her jeep looks awesome!! I am working the same thing for my daughter and her white jeep right now. What all lift(s) do you have on her jeep, 2" BDS, 1 1/2 BL and 3/4 front spacers??? Is that correct??
3500 Mile Road Trip With Daughter
Daughters 04 TJ Build Thread
My-95-YJ Build Thread
HanksRide is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2011, 07:06 PM   #48
dla
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HanksRide View Post
Man her jeep looks awesome!! I am working the same thing for my daughter and her white jeep right now. What all lift(s) do you have on her jeep, 2" BDS, 1 1/2 BL and 3/4 front spacers??? Is that correct??
Thanks! She loves it!

There is no body lift... only 2" BDS with 3/4" spacers on the front. Also installed the front cam bolts and JKS adjustable track bars front and rear.

You and your daughter will have fun with the install, I know we did!
dla is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2011, 07:52 PM   #49
mhopton
2006 LJ Wrangler 

DLA, curious why you needed fr/rr adjustable track bars for a 2" spring lift? thanks -
mhopton is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2011, 07:57 PM   #50
MFERNICO
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Thanks! She loves it!

There is no body lift... only 2" BDS with 3/4" spacers on the front. Also installed the front cam bolts and JKS adjustable track bars front and rear.

No vibes with the slip yoke after the 2 inch lift? Youre a lucky Jeeper! Very nice.
MFERNICO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-10-2011, 09:03 AM   #51
dla
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhopton View Post
DLA, curious why you needed fr/rr adjustable track bars for a 2" spring lift? thanks -
After the lift the axles were off center by 1" in the rear and 3/4" front.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFERNICO View Post
No vibes with the slip yoke after the 2 inch lift? Youre a lucky Jeeper! Very nice.
We did have a bit of a shudder right at take off that was cured with 5/8" of washers to drop the skid. Going to be adding a MML so we can loose the washers.
Unread 12-10-2011, 09:55 PM   #52
HanksRide
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Thanks! She loves it!

Would the trackbar relocation bracket not remedy this problem and center the axle again??? I have one coming for when we do the lift on my daughters and was hoping that will be all that I need.
3500 Mile Road Trip With Daughter
Daughters 04 TJ Build Thread
My-95-YJ Build Thread
HanksRide is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-11-2011, 05:51 AM   #53
FXSTCHEWY

2006 LJ Wrangler 

The bracket will work on the rear but they don't make one for the front.

- Wannbe Old Guy Jeep Club Member
-06' Unlimited,3" BDS/Zone,American Eagle 185's,Cooper St's 33x12.5's,Ramsey 8.5,Tomken,Jeeperman,Warrior,Tuffy, Pioneer.
FXSTCHEWY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-11-2011, 09:44 AM   #54
dla
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HanksRide View Post
Would the trackbar relocation bracket not remedy this problem and center the axle again??? I have one coming for when we do the lift on my daughters and was hoping that will be all that I need.
Yes, the bracket will be fine... I just decided to go with the adjustable instead.
Unread 12-20-2011, 09:20 AM   #55
FXSTCHEWY

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Any clearance issues with the jks front trackbar?

- Wannbe Old Guy Jeep Club Member
-06' Unlimited,3" BDS/Zone,American Eagle 185's,Cooper St's 33x12.5's,Ramsey 8.5,Tomken,Jeeperman,Warrior,Tuffy, Pioneer.
FXSTCHEWY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-08-2012, 12:04 PM   #56
TrailJ
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dla

They are MB Wheels "Blitz" (also discontinued) and are only 7" wide with just 3 1/4" backspace. I just don't think they are ideal with larger tires.
My lj has those from the PO. They've grown on me. I'm gonna do the 2" bds soon, cool!

'06 LJ
TrailJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.