Installed BDS 2" lift... - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Installed BDS 2" lift...

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!

Unread 12-28-2010, 10:16 AM   #31
bstew417
2002 TJ Wrangler 

You could throw some 33x10.5s on there. The 7inch wheel will actually hold the bead a little better when aired down. I love my skinnys.

bstew417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2010, 10:31 AM   #32
Camio
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Wow, I started reading your post and thought my dad must have found his way onto JF! I happen to also be a 17-year-old girl with a TJ with a 2" BDS lift! My dad helps me install all the mods on my Jeep too. Very cool to find someone so similar to me around JF.
Unread 12-28-2010, 10:55 AM   #33
Fargo
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Looks good. I'm glad you got the full lift. I measured mine before I did my install and I got about 1 1/2" front and 2" rear with my new BDS 2". When I measured from hub to flare mine measures about 20 front and 20 1/2 rear. Quite a bit shorter than yours. I contacted BDS and they said I was within range. They must have a pretty wide range. I was also forgotten about by them and had to keep reminding them. They said I may have a problem but I haven't exchanged anything yet since I don't know if I want it any taller. Sorry to hijack. Your jeep looks good.
2005 Rubicon Unlimited Sahara Limited Edition #41
6spd manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
...there's very little that is more permanent than a temporary solution
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oman Jeep
Go with quality and cry once. Go cheap and cry often. Take your pick ;)
LJ Owners Group member #110
Fargo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2010, 11:13 AM   #34
TheBoogieman
Demonic Jeep Freak!

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camio View Post
Wow, I started reading your post and thought my dad must have found his way onto JF! I happen to also be a 17-year-old girl with a TJ with a 2" BDS lift! My dad helps me install all the mods on my Jeep too. Very cool to find someone so similar to me around JF.
They only do that so you don't put them in a nursing home when they get older.
TheBoogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2010, 07:04 AM   #35
BDS-Tech

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoogieman View Post
They only do that so you don't put them in a nursing home when they get older.

tech@bds-suspension.com
phone: 517-279-2135

http://www.bds-suspension.com/
BDS-Tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2010, 07:08 AM   #36
BDS-Tech

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dla View Post
Jason, You're right... Thanks!

Also I want to thank BDS for the fast (free) shipping to my somewhat local distributor. Kind of a last minute purchase and was able to get the kit in time for Christmas.
If it was the one that went to Off Road Enterprises in the last couple weeks, you probably don't want to know that Outlaw Offroad in Santa Ana just signed on as a distributor...

tech@bds-suspension.com

Unread 12-29-2010, 12:02 PM   #37
dla
2000 TJ Wrangler 

That was the one... I was told that the Outlaw deal was in the works but not finalized yet.

Jason, any problems adding a 3/4" spacer to the front to get it to sit more level? I was going to add the spacers at the time of the order but was told by BDS that the lift would level the jeep without them.

Thanks, Doug
dla is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2010, 07:41 AM   #38
BDS-Tech

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
That was the one... I was told that the Outlaw deal was in the works but not finalized yet.

Jason, any problems adding a 3/4" spacer to the front to get it to sit more level? I was going to add the spacers at the time of the order but was told by BDS that the lift would level the jeep without them.

Thanks, Doug
There should be no problem, there is plenty of travel in the shock to accommodate that.

tech@bds-suspension.com

Unread 01-29-2011, 06:58 PM   #39
dla
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Bit of an update...

We have added 3/4" up front with some Terra Flex spacers and installed a JKS adjustable rear track bar (rear was 1" off after lift).

Finally got the Black Rock type 8 wheels we ordered, mounted them up with some 33" BFG A/T's and we installed them today.

Needless to say, she's really stoked!

Unread 01-30-2011, 06:30 AM   #40
FXSTCHEWY

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Jeep looks great, black wheels on white Jeep.......

- Wannbe Old Guy Jeep Club Member
-06' Unlimited,3" BDS/Zone,American Eagle 185's,Cooper St's 33x12.5's,Ramsey 8.5,Tomken,Jeeperman,Warrior,Tuffy, Pioneer.
FXSTCHEWY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2011, 08:14 AM   #41
j_niko
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Sweet lookin rig.

I'm hoping my 16 year old son will take an interest. If he does, after the lift this spring, the Jeep is his but I'm not going to tell him till he starts to show some interest.
Unread 01-30-2011, 09:45 AM   #42
Teupow
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I had my 2" lift from bds installed at phantom off road. Rick did a great job! I had some vibrations so I took it back to phantom off road. Rick installed the bds transfer case drop. That fixed my problem. Next week I am getting the bds steering stabilizer from bds. Jeep rides great on road. It is great off road. Bds rocks. I can not say enough about phantom off road. Rick is great!

Drew
Teupow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2011, 03:05 PM   #43
FXSTCHEWY

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Is that a 33x10.50 on the back or a 12.50? it doesn't look as wide as the other four on the Jeep, could just be the pic.

-06' Unlimited,3" BDS/Zone,American Eagle 185's,Cooper St's 33x12.5's,Ramsey 8.5,Tomken,Jeeperman,Warrior,Tuffy, Pioneer.
Unread 01-30-2011, 04:16 PM   #44
dla
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Yes, spare is a 33X10.50 on a 7" wheel. I wanted to keep the weight and leverage to a minimum hanging off the tailgate.
Unread 01-30-2011, 06:04 PM   #45
FXSTCHEWY

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Yes, spare is a 33X10.50 on a 7" wheel. I wanted to keep the weight and leverage to a minimum hanging off the tailgate.
Good Idea.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.