Installed BDS 2" lift... - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Installed BDS 2" lift...

Safety Thimble FairleadsEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippBLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!

Unread 12-27-2010, 12:34 PM   #16
j_niko
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Nice job

She wrenches on her own jeep and is a sublime fan.

You've raised a great daughter.

Unread 12-27-2010, 12:52 PM   #17
k-town
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Fantastic !!!
k-town is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-27-2010, 02:22 PM   #18
xlch
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by spitfiremkii View Post
No safety glasses with that die grinder!!....Shame on you dad.
I dont see a die grinder, looks like an air ratchet to me.

Now the tank might get beter gas milage but that is a different story.
xlch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-27-2010, 08:12 PM   #19
dla
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat83 View Post
Lift turned out great!! I actually have a question for you, if you don't mind. I recently installed the same lift and I'm not sure if I got a full 2''. Can you tell me what your measurement is (front/rear) from the middle of the wheel hub to the bottom of the fender lip? I'd like to compare to mine to see how close I am to 2'' of lift.
Wildcat,

From hub center to bottom of the flair measures 21 1/2" in front and 22 1/2" in the rear.

Hope that helps.
dla is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-27-2010, 08:18 PM   #20
spitfiremkii
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlch View Post
I dont see a die grinder, looks like an air ratchet to me.
Pic 13....?
spitfiremkii is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-27-2010, 08:22 PM   #21
dla
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Yep... die grinder

She had to smooth the end of the tapered stabilizer mount bolt that I mushroomed with a bfh getting it loose in order to replace it.
Unread 12-27-2010, 08:29 PM   #22
Wildcat83
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dla View Post
Wildcat,

From hub center to bottom of the flair measures 21 1/2" in front and 22 1/2" in the rear.

Hope that helps.
TREMENDOUSLY!!! Thanks again!!
Wildcat83 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-27-2010, 08:32 PM   #23
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
TREMENDOUSLY!!! Thanks again!!
I told you that you were fine man!
Unread 12-27-2010, 08:48 PM   #24
Wildcat83
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006_Sport View Post
I told you that you were fine man!
Actullly, I'm not! I have the same measurement as him in the front, but I have a 3/4'' spacer, and he doesn't. I lost 3/4''!! I've been dealing with 2 different people at BDS (one of whom forgot about me and admitted it, and have yet to hear from as of about a week ago) and they are not being very convenienat, helpful, or informative at all!! I'm very disappointed with BDS....But I don't want to hijack....I'll make my own thread with all the info
Unread 12-27-2010, 10:24 PM   #25
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Actullly, I'm not! I have the same measurement as him in the front, but I have a 3/4'' spacer, and he doesn't. I lost 3/4''!! I've been dealing with 2 different people at BDS (one of whom forgot about me and admitted it, and have yet to hear from as of about a week ago) and they are not being very convenienat, helpful, or informative at all!! I'm very disappointed with BDS....But I don't want to hijack....I'll make my own thread with all the info
Why don't you contact the BDS vendor on here before you complain. They have been nothing but helpful for me. Really the only thing they can do is give you new front springs.
Unread 12-27-2010, 11:27 PM   #26
Wildcat83
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006_Sport View Post
Why don't you contact the BDS vendor on here before you complain. They have been nothing but helpful for me. Really the only thing they can do is give you new front springs.
I have....his name is Jason S....He forgot about me (and admitted it). I haven't heard from him in a week, so I emailed the BDS website and am dealing with Ted now....and he's not much better....which is why I'm complaining now! I wish they would give me new front springs already! Ted is making me jump through hoops. I had to disassemble my front end again today to give him the measurements of the springs without being compressed under the Jeep. I've kept my cool and have done everything these dudes from BDS have asked me to do. But at this point it's getting to be a bit of an inconvenience. It should be pretty obvious from the many measurements/pics I've provided....

So as to not hijack anymore; any thoughts would be much appreciated: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/ne...71/index2.html
Unread 12-28-2010, 01:33 AM   #27
CherokeeGT
1998 TJ Wrangler 

whats wrong with the CR Explorer wheels there 15x8 and have a life time structural warranty

they were my second choice when i bought my wheels i ended up going with the CR Revolvers (which have now unfortunately been discontinued)

life time structural warranty! they told me if i bent them hittin jumps they were still covered
CherokeeGT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-28-2010, 09:45 AM   #28
BDS-Tech

1997 TJ Wrangler 

OP, the Jeep looks great! The only thing better than a Father-Son project is a Father-Daughter one! Jeep looks great, and I hope she loves it!

Quote:
So as to not hijack anymore; any thoughts would be much appreciated: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/ne...71/index2.html
Wildcat83, I'm going to reply in your thread- there is a problem, and Ted is going to have it fixed today.

tech@bds-suspension.com
phone: 517-279-2135

http://www.bds-suspension.com/
BDS-Tech is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-28-2010, 11:10 AM   #29
dla
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherokeeGT View Post
whats wrong with the CR Explorer wheels there 15x8 and have a life time structural warranty

they were my second choice when i bought my wheels i ended up going with the CR Revolvers (which have now unfortunately been discontinued)

life time structural warranty! they told me if i bent them hittin jumps they were still covered
They are MB Wheels "Blitz" (also discontinued) and are only 7" wide with just 3 1/4" backspace. I just don't think they are ideal with larger tires.
Unread 12-28-2010, 11:15 AM   #30
dla
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDS-Tech View Post
OP, the Jeep looks great! The only thing better than a Father-Son project is a Father-Daughter one! Jeep looks great, and I hope she loves it!
Jason, You're right... Thanks!

Also I want to thank BDS for the fast (free) shipping to my somewhat local distributor. Kind of a last minute purchase and was able to get the kit in time for Christmas.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.