Inputs needed on PSC Steering Box and Pump. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Inputs needed on PSC Steering Box and Pump.

Poison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!

Unread 07-30-2010, 11:57 AM   #1
MountainMan864
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Inputs needed on PSC Steering Box and Pump.

My Powersteering pump is shot and my steering box is leaking and moaning like a SOB. I looked up PSC because I read that they rule the world in steering. I know they are expensive though. Are the boxes bolt on? I am only running 33's atm but in the next 2 years or so, im gonna step it up to 35's when money for a d44 arrives and sye/ca's/etc. Would this box be overkill. I add to completly fill up the resevoir everyday and that gets expensive quick, been doing it for several months now. Could I go with just a PSC Box and use an O'reillys pump or do they have to match? Thanks guys.

MountainMan864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2010, 03:20 PM   #2
pwcracer
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Xtreme 4x4 just put one of these on their TJ a couple of weeks ago. The psc pump was a direct replacement for the stock jeep pump.
pwcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2010, 07:53 PM   #3
MountainMan864
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Yea i know it is but you need a cooler and a resevoir too and lines and stuff. like the kit costs $400 and then prob the box is gonna go out and thats another $400 then install cost is proably gonna be 200 or so. I little much right now, I think ill just try my luck and get another one from O'reillys
MountainMan864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2010, 08:44 PM   #4
2005X
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainMan864 View Post
Yea i know it is but you need a cooler and a resevoir too and lines and stuff. like the kit costs $400 and then prob the box is gonna go out and thats another $400 then install cost is proably gonna be 200 or so. I little much right now, I think ill just try my luck and get another one from O'reillys
they make direct bolt on steering box similair to the dodge durango box or even stock box, or you can upgrade like i did to a bigger and better system that includes the pump, remote reservoir, pully and of course the hoses/clamps. i also went with the cooler cause the ambient heat from the I6 and low speeds on the trails in 100 degree and high humidity was causing air bubbles in my line.

Tags
psc , steering box , pump , advice , tj , wrangler

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.