The infamous Check Engine light... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > The infamous Check Engine light...

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 12-24-2003, 06:43 AM   #1
Darkus

The infamous Check Engine light...

I bought a '97 with 67k miles on it. It has a four-cylinder.

If the engine is idling for an extended period (10-15 minutes or so) the light comes on.
When I dump the code, I get 12-31-55.
I know what the 12 and 55 are, and the code lookup says that the 31 is "EVAP purge solenoid circuit".

I also know that the device itself may not be the problem, but I don't know what it looks like or where in the engine compartment it is, so I don't know where to start de-bugging. The Haynes manual is no help, since it shows a different year, and not the location.

If anyone can point me to it, or post a pic of it, it would be most appreciated.

Darkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-24-2003, 08:59 AM   #2
4wd-racer

Im sure someone will chime in. My FSM is still on the way. Havent had any problems so far, but Id like to have one just for the reason you would like one now.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.