Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Impact Fabworks front winch bumper, Rear bumper with swing away installed!!

5K views 20 replies 7 participants last post by  DevilDogDoc 
#1 ·
So I was able to finally get time to go swap out my stubby for a not so stubby winch bumper from Impact Fab, as always a joy to deal with and the smoking deals I got cannot be beat!! I still need to finish them and will post more pics once they are primed and painted but I couldnt wait to show off my new goodies. As before 1/4 inch plate for the winch plate, fully welded front and back on the shackle mounts which are 1 inch thick, standard 2x4 box for the center section. Finally the ends are also made from 1/4 inch plate.
Pics!!

Now for the rear bumper carrier, I will let Brian chime in on the materials and thickness details but this thing is beef!! Solid fit not a rattle to be found, reciever included along with 2 more shackle mounts. The point where the hinge turns is two pieces the bottom piece attached to the bumper is a solid piece of steel 1.5 inch I believe and then the swingaway rests down on it with a cap to hold it snug. Not that it needs it as I couldnt get off of there by hand had to use a hi-lift to ease it up but with a little grease it spins easy and quiet. The T-handle treads into the bumper at the bottom and there is even a little holder for the T so you don't lose it when getting your gear in and out. Stout!!!
Pics!!

Any questions ask away!! Love my stuff!!:2thumbsup:

See less See more
#7 ·
Is there room for the front two bolts that go into the feet of the winch? I want to do mine like that but I thought having the fairlead mount on the front edge of the bumper wouldn't give room for the front two winch bolts. I would love to see how you will mount a winch.

#11 ·
Well I just went out and swung it a few times and swinging it open pretty hard it stops with lots of room to to the body. If I push it as far as it will go, the edge of the tire bumps up on the top of the tub where the top attaches.

#18 ·
You take the bolt on top off, pull the swingaway off the bumper grease up the shaft and put it back on. Kind of a pain but it seems to work. Brian had it on his Jeep for a good while before it went on mine and when we pulled it apart it still had a thin film of grease from when he installed it and it was still swinging smooth and quiet. I greased it up real good when I put it together, we will see how long that grease lasts!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.