I'm torn - 35's vs 33's - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > I'm torn - 35's vs 33's

Introducing the CUPHOLSTER @ OCONEE OFF ROAD 706 534 9955Thanksgiving holiday sale in effect @ oconeeoffroad.comBlack Friday- Cyber Monday Deals at jeepHut

Unread 08-06-2010, 07:48 PM   #46
Cavitation
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I am on 33s just got them on today and already wish I had 35s or 37s.

Cavitation is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-07-2010, 03:19 AM   #47
loaderopp
2005 LJ Wrangler 

if you do a good built with solid parts Say a good 4 inch lift. and run 33's there is nothing other then a body lift or fender mod, a brake upgrade later down the road to put you into 35's
2005 Rubicon Unlimited, 5.5 inch custom long arm, 1 inch daystar body lift, River Raider Snorkel, Custom bumper/winch mount, sliders, tire carrier. 37x13.50 R17 Nitto Mudgraplers, Bushwacker flat fender. Custom 1/2 cab. Hyline hood vents. Custom tonnue cover and tool box. HID-X off road lights, LED driving lights custom rear bumper/m6000 rear monted winch.
loaderopp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-08-2010, 03:18 PM   #48
-ExDementia-
1991 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
Thats positively ridiculous. Why don't you slowly beef up your bank account, take the same amount of time and then do it all at once?
Because I can't justify huge costs to the girlfriend whereas if I do a little at a time I can explain that I need these things for other reasons.

It's not too much that I have to do really, 29 spline swap into the rear, heim joints for the steering. (mine are going bad anyway as Jerry pointed out last weekend) And losing my drop track bar mount and drop pitman arm.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.'" [B]- George Carlin[/B]

[B][SIZE="3"]Click [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/search.php"]HERE[/URL] for the elusive search button everyone talks about.[/SIZE][/B]
-ExDementia- is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-08-2010, 03:20 PM   #49
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by -ExDementia- View Post
Because I can't justify huge costs to the girlfriend whereas if I do a little at a time I can explain that I need these things for other reasons.
If that's really true, you need to find a partner in life that supports you and your hobbies, or find hobbies that she supports.
Unread 08-08-2010, 05:04 PM   #50
TinkerAB
1997 TJ Wrangler 

When I bought my jeep it had 32" MTR's. Traded those for 33 TSL's. Traded those for 33" Boggers. Sold Those and bought some 35" Cooper STT's Bigger is better imo but with that being said. Id rather drive a locked jeep on 31's then a jeep with open carriers on 35's. It really is true It matters where you wheel what kind of trails yo see. Here in Washington state I can be going down a dry trail then suddenly come across a mud hole the size of a lake so people will be running some huge tires. When my jeep is "Done" ill be on 37's
Unread 08-08-2010, 06:03 PM   #51
jeepinmichguy_
I haz ah Geep

2003 TJ Wrangler 

33's will go 99 percent of the places 35's will and it costs a bit less to run them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoogieman View Post
Jeepinmichguy is a jerk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
How about this, if you had the Jeep Spirit, you wouldn't abuse the rest of us trying to enjoy a nice day out wheeling by bringing your brokeass broken down junkyard crap out to play where it can't handle it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepForum123 View Post
you all have nice rigs, stop being f****** a**holes.
jeepinmichguy_ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-08-2010, 06:12 PM   #52
TinkerAB
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
33's will go 99 percent of the places 35's will and it costs a bit less to run them.
Never really understood how someone can say this as such a matter of fact statement. In some places sure. Where I live there are mud holes were every cm of clearance under the axle will help. I know of a specific hole I could not get through after 3 attempts on 33 BOGGERS. I then got through it first try on 35" Coopers The boggers were throwing way more mud but my axles kept dragging. The 35's lifted me just enough higher so the axles wouldnt drag.
Unread 08-08-2010, 06:15 PM   #53
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam52604 View Post
Never really understood how someone can say this as such a matter of fact statement.

Maybe you are just math challenged.

Quote:
In some places sure. Where I live there are mud holes were every cm of clearance under the axle will help. I know of a specific hole I could not get through after 3 attempts on 33 BOGGERS. I then got through it first try on 35" Coopers The boggers were throwing way more mud but my axles kept dragging. The 35's lifted me just enough higher so the axles wouldnt drag.
See, now your math is getting better. You found the 1% that proves his point.
Unread 08-08-2010, 06:18 PM   #54
TinkerAB
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Fact is The OP is fairly close to me and will see the same wheeling conditions. In our neck of the woods 35's will definetly be a difference over 33's.
Unread 08-08-2010, 06:22 PM   #55
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Fact is The OP is fairly close to me and will see the same wheeling conditions. In our neck of the woods 35's will definetly be a difference over 33's.
Maybe he drives better.
Unread 08-08-2010, 06:23 PM   #56
TinkerAB
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I Personally think that Such a blatant statement should not be made since the answer does not accurately apply to the OP who asked the question
Unread 08-08-2010, 06:24 PM   #57
TinkerAB
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Maybe he drives better.
maybe so. maybe so. If thats the case I would love to hear some tips.
Unread 08-08-2010, 06:51 PM   #58
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
maybe so. maybe so. If thats the case I would love to hear some tips.
Don't drive in mudholes deeper than you have tires for.
Unread 08-08-2010, 07:44 PM   #59
2000GrayTJ
1999 TJ Wrangler 

best yet, look for the narrowest 35 you can find. Less weight/rolling resistance, and you can probably use your stock rims. win win
2000GrayTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-08-2010, 07:47 PM   #60
2000GrayTJ
1999 TJ Wrangler 

there isn't much option, but there are 35x10.50 ssr's and boggers, as well as 34x9.50 (or 10.50, not positive) LTBs. I'm yet to find something in more of a hybrid/mt tire.
2000GrayTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
35 , 33 , tires , tj , wrangler , road manners

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.