im so pissed!!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > im so pissed!!!

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueBest deals on Yukon Gears at JeepHut.comNeed Ace Engineering products? JeepHut has you covered.

Unread 04-20-2007, 07:07 PM   #1
bloke279

im so pissed!!!

My full traction three inch came with a TC drop. I wasnt to extremely excited about it, but it wasnt a big deal! now my tc wont stay i 4 lo, even after adjustment, under high torque.

Climbing a modest hill today, i had to stop while in 4 lo. When i started forward again, i held the brake with my left foot, and gassed it with right for a smooth take off. Almost immedietly, the TC popped out.

Does it need more adjustment, or is there another solution i need to chase?

Magnaflow CAT Back Exhaust
285/75r/16 BFG A/T on rubi wheels
Clear marker lenses
JKS discos

[COLOR=Silver][B]Silver jeep club member #76[/B][/color]
bloke279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2007, 07:11 PM   #2
KUK9
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Check underneath and see if anything is binding up- do this before anything. Might just be something got knocked outta whack.

Did you actually put the TC drop on? I can't really tell from your post. If so, try taking it off and see if your linkage works fine again. If so, try driving around and see if you have vibes. You might have dropped it too far, possibly making the linkage not work correctly. Not really sure what else to try.
REDLYNER Racing #4550

My Build Thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/adapt-die-kuk9s-stretch-tj-build-1160620
KUK9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2007, 07:16 PM   #3
elkfan2
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Did you get a bracket to lower the shift linkage where it ataches to the body. Whem I first installed my bb it didn't come with the bracket to lower the linkage also and mine would do the same thing.
elkfan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2007, 08:06 PM   #4
xjeepn
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I am having the same problem! I am taking my body lift off to see if that helps. I guess we could buy a Novak shifter and be done with it.
05 X with 4.0 auto with 3" Full Traction Lift with 3/4 spacers up front, Warn M8000 winch, Hella 500 driving lights, Cobra CB with Wilson 4 ft antenna, 48" Highlift Jack, tow hooks on all corners, 2 fire ext, 4 ft shovel, some recovery gear, AEM cold air intake dry filter and riding on 33 x 12.5 Pro Comp All terrains.
xjeepn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2007, 08:11 PM   #5
freedom5
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjeepn
I am having the same problem! I am taking my body lift off to see if that helps. I guess we could buy a Novak shifter and be done with it.
You need to add about 1" to you're TC linkage

After that it never happened again.
freedom5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2007, 08:14 PM   #6
XabuJr
1988 YJ Wrangler 

or buy the advanced adapters relocation bracket.. http://www.northridge4x4.com/proddet...prod=AA-715542

'88 YJ, 33's, auto, 4.2L. Many pieces waiting to be put in!
XabuJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2007, 08:14 PM   #7
MuddyJeepZJ
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Yes, get rid of the POS stock shifter and install a Novak, you will be much h appier this way! I sure am.
New Jersey Jeep Association
MuddyJeepZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2007, 09:22 PM   #8
ChiliPalmer
This is Ames Mister...

1984 XJ Cherokee 

If you installed the TC drop then you should probably get the new TC drop bracket as mentioned earlier, or the AA one that replaces the factory one

Need a server? Buy this one!

COTM - October 2012!

If you want to help the sport of offroading visit the EnviroBeat Forum!

Blue Ribbon Coalition | Idaho State 4x4 Association | UFWDA | NAXJA | The KAT Team!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrows View Post
Oh man Chili. I feel like a recovering addict that just had a bag of blow, a bottle of Jameson, and a sack dropped in his lap. You screwed me man!
ChiliPalmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2007, 10:00 PM   #9
XYZER

I just installed a 3/4" TC drop kit and a 2" lift. I was concerned with the same issue. I took it out and used it with no problems. I have had it pop out before the lift if I hadn't made sure it was fully engaged. Nice to know there is a good fix out there!
Custom bumpers W/winch
XYZER is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2007, 10:30 PM   #10
bloke279

I will try pulling the TC drop out. I have a little vibes now, so i think it will only make it worse, but im not sure. Im leaning more towards getting the adapter. thankss all!
Magnaflow CAT Back Exhaust
285/75r/16 BFG A/T on rubi wheels
Clear marker lenses
JKS discos

[COLOR=Silver][B]Silver jeep club member #76[/B][/color]
bloke279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2007, 11:43 PM   #11
Jerry Bransford
Do it right or not at all

2004 TJ Wrangler 

All you should need to do is loosen the bolt shown in post #5 above and adjust the rod so it engages 4Lo a bit sooner. I have never needed any fancy Novak shifter kits, t-case shifter brackets, etc. to make mine shift just fine even though I have a 1" body lift and a 1" MML along with my 4.5" RE LA suspension.

It's not always a bolt-on product that is needed to fix a problem, an understanding of the problem and looking to see if it can be adjusted out is often a better solution.

Coolest offroad magazine ever! CRAWL Magazine

When you have a choice, buy American.

Jerry Bransford is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2007, 12:50 AM   #12
ChiliPalmer
This is Ames Mister...

1984 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Bransford
All you should need to do is loosen the bolt shown in post #5 above and adjust the rod so it engages 4Lo a bit sooner. I have never needed any fancy Novak shifter kits, t-case shifter brackets, etc. to make mine shift just fine even though I have a 1" body lift and a 1" MML along with my 4.5" RE LA suspension.

It's not always a bolt-on product that is needed to fix a problem, an understanding of the problem and looking to see if it can be adjusted out is often a better solution.
I wish mine was that way; I tried adjusting that thing 6 ways from Sunday but never could get it to stick. I ended up just fabbing my own drop bracket for the linkage and it works like a charm...

Need a server? Buy this one!

COTM - October 2012!

If you want to help the sport of offroading visit the EnviroBeat Forum!

Blue Ribbon Coalition | Idaho State 4x4 Association | UFWDA | NAXJA | The KAT Team!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrows View Post
Oh man Chili. I feel like a recovering addict that just had a bag of blow, a bottle of Jameson, and a sack dropped in his lap. You screwed me man!
ChiliPalmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2007, 05:15 AM   #13
laughinglarry

The FT 3" lift seems to be a good lift. I had to put all the TC spacers on it and my shifters do the same thing. I figured the weak point is the short drive shaft anyway so I'm putting the SYE on and getting rid of the TC drop. That puts everything back where it belongs.
laughinglarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2007, 05:28 AM   #14
GringoLoco

2000 TJ Wrangler 

You still got off easy. My 3" FT lift gave me such wicked vibes, that now even with the full transfer case drop and 2 extra washers on each one, it STILL hops and shakes if I don't baby it off the line in 1st. No wheeling for me till I get a SYE. I'm just babying it around off the line and hoping I don't blow my pinion seal or anything before saving the money.
YELLOW Jeep Club Member #5606
13 mpg - edit: 12 mpg
No hi-lift on the hood (yet)
Odd noises
Still can't get it to take off from a treadmill....
GringoLoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2007, 05:34 AM   #15
yellj

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloke279
My full traction three inch came with a TC drop. I wasnt to extremely excited about it, but it wasnt a big deal! now my tc wont stay i 4 lo, even after adjustment, under high torque.

Climbing a modest hill today, i had to stop while in 4 lo. When i started forward again, i held the brake with my left foot, and gassed it with right for a smooth take off. Almost immedietly, the TC popped out.

Does it need more adjustment, or is there another solution i need to chase?

Hope your not thinking its because it was a FT lift, you changed the height of yourJeep, it has a cascading effect, your wallet will get used to it, wait to you go to 35s, gears, lockers, shafts, steering, brakes, etc... Take it all in stride.
04 Unlimited RE SF 4.5", 1" MORE BL and MML, ARB Bull Bar, AR23 15x8, 35x12.5 MTRs, Jeep Medic Engine and T/F Skid, Shrockworks Rockers, Warn 9.5ti, AA SYE, ARBs, 4.88s and Alloy USA Shafts, HPD30 w JJs 1967 M416

www.midatlanticjeepers.com
yellj is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.