I'm not a Heavyweight!... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > I'm not a Heavyweight!...

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 07-04-2003, 09:44 PM   #1
Scafone
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I'm not a Heavyweight!...

I removed the entire seat to clean the mud out the track and found all but one of the wires broken ONLY on the drivers seat. Well, I have said that the Jeep and I have been airborn a couple times.

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
--Thomas Jefferson
Scafone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2003, 10:03 PM   #2
K9JEEP
Registered Abuser

WTF?? Where did all those wires come from? I have like one behind the driver seat, and it's snaked on the floor for the Ebrake.
Unread 07-04-2003, 10:40 PM   #3
Scafone
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I was shocked and smiling to myself when I got a load of this.

If you look under your seat, you should see them, though probably still intact.

What you can't see in the pic is there's a square shape formed by the gray cable the rusty springs are attached to. Then, there's 11 wires going straight across or horizontally in the pic to support the seat from caving in [I think]....but, it didn't feel like I was sitting in a hole, so maybe it just recently happened and hasn't had a chance to cave in. The passenger seat has them too, but all of them are fine. I ended up "rewiring" it with bailing wire.
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
--Thomas Jefferson
Scafone is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.