im buying a lift real soon, check inside and if you have either lifts please review - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > im buying a lift real soon, check inside and if you have either lifts please review

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippJeep speedometer gears at rockridge4wdDana 30 Truss for your TJ, LJ, ZJ, and XJ

Unread 12-08-2010, 08:37 PM   #31
Wrangler19
1998 TJ Wrangler 

4in RC series 2, . I have it and i hate it.

Unread 12-08-2010, 08:54 PM   #32
EricsGreen98Tj
1998 TJ Wrangler 

^^^If you have the 2.2Shocks then change em out for somethin softer and your RC kit will ride better. A budy put F/R BIllsteins on his 4" X flex and loves it now. He hated it B4
Unread 12-08-2010, 09:39 PM   #33
TheHeretic
Kool Kat 4x4

2005 TJ Wrangler 

I have the Rough Country 4" lift. A lot on here will tell you its a crap product, and perhaps years ago it was. I can tell you from my personal experience that the RC 4" kit is of good quality, and there is nothing wrong with it. The only complaint is that the shocks are a wee bit stiff. Not over the top stiff, but you will notice it.

The only True Professional Mechanic in the Greater Toronto Area for Modified Jeeps, and trucks. If Rock Spyder hasn't seen it before, or done it before, you don't need it.

http://rockspyder4x4.com

http://koolkat4x4.org
TheHeretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2010, 09:53 PM   #34
StvDiego

I had a 4" RC Series II, it is no longer on the Jeep. For a budget lift it wasn't all that bad. A little harsh for awhile and it eventually settled in. That lift is now under a friend's Jeep with Bilstein shocks and it rides much better. For the price (dirt cheap on eBay) it was a decent buy.

So what do you plan on doing with the Jeep and why do you want a 4" lift? Are you after the look, do you plan on off-roading (how much and what terrain), is it a DD... These the right questions to ask first, or, what lift works for what I plan/need/want/budget.

For instance, while the Currie arms are the best the reality is that if you're not going to use them to their potential why spend $800 on just arms when you can get an entire lift that will meet your needs for the same price like the ones you mentioned that work just fine for a lot of Jeepers.
StvDiego is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2010, 09:58 PM   #35
TheHeretic
Kool Kat 4x4

2005 TJ Wrangler 

^^^^ Good advice.

The only True Professional Mechanic in the Greater Toronto Area for Modified Jeeps, and trucks. If Rock Spyder hasn't seen it before, or done it before, you don't need it.

http://rockspyder4x4.com

http://koolkat4x4.org
TheHeretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2010, 10:31 PM   #36
RustBeltCrawler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by StvDiego View Post
I had a 4" RC Series II, it is no longer on the Jeep. For a budget lift it wasn't all that bad. A little harsh for awhile and it eventually settled in. That lift is now under a friend's Jeep with Bilstein shocks and it rides much better. For the price (dirt cheap on eBay) it was a decent buy.

So what do you plan on doing with the Jeep and why do you want a 4" lift? Are you after the look, do you plan on off-roading (how much and what terrain), is it a DD... These the right questions to ask first, or, what lift works for what I plan/need/want/budget.

For instance, while the Currie arms are the best the reality is that if you're not going to use them to their potential why spend $800 on just arms when you can get an entire lift that will meet your needs for the same price like the ones you mentioned that work just fine for a lot of Jeepers.
it is a DD for me, I already have 4" skyjacker springs that I got insanely cheap ($100 for all 4) and Im slowly piecing my lift together......I want to go 4" with 33's cause there isnt anything around here that you wont get through with that....I had a 4" with 33's two YJ's ago, it was unstopable around here, alot of people under estimate the 4" but it can get you really far as long as you build your rig right..........right now im really just lookin for control arms, the rest will fall into place
RustBeltCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2010, 11:11 PM   #37
StvDiego

In that case I would seriously consider spending some money on Currie control arms (check with Gerald at Savvy for pricing, he usually runs great deals). Bar none you will not find better nor be disappointed, it is money well spent.
StvDiego is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2010, 12:00 AM   #38
RustBeltCrawler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

ok cool...ill have to check them out tomorrow, thanks
RustBeltCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
iron rock long arm , rough country 4" lift , suspension , zone lift kit

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.