im buying a lift real soon, check inside and if you have either lifts please review - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > im buying a lift real soon, check inside and if you have either lifts please review

Poison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955OPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 12-06-2010, 03:15 AM   #1
RustBeltCrawler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

im buying a lift real soon, check inside and if you have either lifts please review

Hi , i have a 2000 jeep wrangler, I want to put a four inch on my jeep and I was looking at six different kits, if you have or know someone that has either of these lifts please tell me what you think.......

Rough Country 4" X-series Kit

Rough Country 4" series II

Iron Rock TJ 4" benchmark kit

Iron Rock TJ 4" ultimate short arm lift

• im really leaning towards either Iron Rock lift, im more interested in hearing about these.
Zone offroad 4"

or

Skyjacker 4"

looking foward to reading your feedback......thanks

RustBeltCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2010, 04:13 AM   #2
cyber1satan
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Im sure someone with more experience will chime in. But out of those 6 i would choose the RC X-series due to the control arm joints. i have always been told to stay away from urethane joints due to the fact that they put stress on the axle and frame mounts.
cyber1satan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2010, 04:19 AM   #3
kolky
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I have the 4" Zone Off Road. It came on the Jeep when I bought it. It was a very basic kit and was really only springs and shocks but I don't have any complaints about it. It rides pretty nice.

As I've been building it I've already put in new adjustable front and rear track bars and I'm in the process of replacing the control arms. I've replaced the rear uppers so far with the Rough Country X-Flex and like them a lot.
[COLOR="Yellow"][SIZE="3"]Yellow Jeep Club #1224[/SIZE][/COLOR]
kolky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2010, 06:35 AM   #4
surfsup887
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Rough country kits are ****, i have one myself and ended up replacing the shocks after about 2000 miles. from experience, invest ina nice kit that will last. Rubicon express, Full traction, Fabtech, Old man emu are some companies i'd look at. and if you have any thought of going long arms, do it right the first time.
Built Not Bought #133
Looking for a 33 in R16 tire any condition in MA or RI
surfsup887 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2010, 04:26 PM   #5
RustBeltCrawler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

I have decided that im goin to piece together my own lift, I bought a set of practically new 4" skyjacker springs from daveys jeeps for $75 bucks.......in your opinion, what are the best control arms
Unread 12-07-2010, 04:27 PM   #6
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Currie or Rokmen for control arms.

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
There are no women on the internet either. Learn that. It's a fact.
-Zach
2006_Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2010, 05:16 PM   #7
RustBeltCrawler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

what about teraflex's flex arms?
Unread 12-07-2010, 05:16 PM   #8
nowickyj
2005 TJ Wrangler 

what he said ^
2005 Rubicon Jks discos 3.5 Rubicon Express superflex homebrew adj. uppers, Tom Woods driveshaft 1" BL , nitros, KC daylighters, XRC8, 35s KM2's, soft 8's custom bumpers, and all kinds of other stuff....
nowickyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2010, 05:17 PM   #9
nowickyj
2005 TJ Wrangler 

currie or rokmen all the way
2005 Rubicon Jks discos 3.5 Rubicon Express superflex homebrew adj. uppers, Tom Woods driveshaft 1" BL , nitros, KC daylighters, XRC8, 35s KM2's, soft 8's custom bumpers, and all kinds of other stuff....
nowickyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2010, 05:20 PM   #10
RustBeltCrawler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

yeah but it $299 for front and rear lower currie or rockmen arms, I can get iron rock front and rear upper adj and fixed lower for $539.....im kinda on a budget
Unread 12-07-2010, 05:30 PM   #11
japete01
2000 TJ Wrangler 

With all due respect, you do get what you pay for. There is a reason people are steering you to Currie or Rokmen when considering a short arm lift kit. If you search the threads you'll find a variety of opinions on different kits. I went with Rokmen becuase I felt the thicker tubes and huge johnny joints would provide what I'm looking for.
japete01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2010, 05:35 PM   #12
RustBeltCrawler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by japete01 View Post
With all due respect, you do get what you pay for. There is a reason people are steering you to Currie or Rokmen when considering a short arm lift kit. If you search the threads you'll find a variety of opinions on different kits. I went with Rokmen becuase I felt the thicker tubes and huge johnny joints would provide what I'm looking for.
are you running uppers and lowers front and back, or just lowers front and back?......which setup would you recommend for a daily driver? just lowers or upper and lowers F&B
Unread 12-07-2010, 05:40 PM   #13
RedTeej
2000 TJ Wrangler 

X2 on doing it right the first time. Save up some more and start off with a real solid lift. That way, when you start adding more parts down the road (which you will do) you can focus on other things rather than dealing with your rough riding beginner lift you put on when you were first infected with the jeep bug. Ask me how I know.
Unread 12-07-2010, 05:53 PM   #14
japete01
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I have both uppers and lowers front and back. Check out Imped's build if you want to get an idea on his thoughts. I try to do everything in a set. I figure out all the componets I need and do them all at once. For example, if you are doing a tummy tuck you might need to do a BL with it, a MML, and a low pro tranny mount, and you might need new driveshafts. Its saves you a lot of money if you plan...otherwise you end up re-doing things (like me and my exhaust...3 times in 3 months).
japete01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2010, 06:00 PM   #15
RustBeltCrawler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

very very true

Tags
iron rock long arm , rough country 4" lift , suspension , zone lift kit

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.