If i'm miss fireing that should set off the OBD light right? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > If i'm miss fireing that should set off the OBD light right?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 12-10-2009, 01:51 PM   #1
Tmsnake1

If i'm miss fireing that should set off the OBD light right?

My 04 Rubicon started shaking violently at stop lights, idle and so on last night. While moving and at higher speeds it sounds kind of odd and I can feel that something is not right, but its at a standstill when you can hear and feel something is completely wrong.

I'm assuming its either a broken motor or trans mount or I'm miss fireing. Problem is, is that its Zero here in chicago and my hood is literally frozen shut at the moment.

I would think if I'm miss fireing that it would set off a light correct?
I have no check engine light.

Tmsnake1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-10-2009, 02:00 PM   #2
TheBoogieman
Demonic Jeep Freak!

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Take it somewhere to check it out yourself(heated garage at someoe's house).Motor or transmission mount would take 5 minutes to check.Sometimes codes don't go off.What do you hear and feel at a standstill?Misfire you can hear from the back when someone revs the engine.
Unread 12-10-2009, 02:05 PM   #3
Tmsnake1

It's really hard to tell because the damn thing is vibrating everything on the inside that it is difficult to pinpoint. I got out and listened from the back and it doesn't sound bad. It also doesn't seem like its lost any power. I'm hoping its a mount!..
Tmsnake1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.