idler pulley - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > idler pulley

Visit 1aauto.com For ShockTober Deals on Monroe shocks andAdvance Adapters SYE KitsFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 07-18-2010, 06:10 PM   #1
440forPOWER
1998 TJ Wrangler 

idler pulley

Hello, I plan on throwing on a new belt on the 4.0l and was curious how hard is it to replace the idler pulley why I'm in there? Do I have to remove much to get to it? is it a one bolt deal? Any help would be greatly appreciated

440forPOWER is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2010, 06:34 PM   #2
yarmish
1999 TJ Wrangler 

It is just one 15mm bolt. Take you about an extra 3 minutes while changing the belt
Unread 07-18-2010, 06:45 PM   #3
alecmcmahon

Like stated above, it takes about 3 minutes to replace, one bolt... Piece of cake.
Might as well do it when your doing the belt , its cheap enough and easy enough to put in with your preventive maintenance.

Does it click, squeel or have some play in it that worries you?

Tags
serpentine belt , idler pulley removal

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.