Idle sputtering -possible leak? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Idle sputtering -possible leak?

Ledlight bar light locks @ oconee off road 706 534 9955Don't forget the Jeep Forum discount, 10% off!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 10-04-2010, 10:34 AM   #1
anglucky21
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Idle sputtering -possible leak?

'03 wrangler 4.0L

Okay I've searched all threads and I thought I should just start my own thread to get an answer for my problem.

Few weeks ago my jeep was slowly losing it's power. The check engine light came on and the code indicated my TPS. I replaced it (mind you it was a &*#$ cause of those screws) and I gained some of the power back but when i start my jeep it had a very high idle and eventually went down. So I cleaned my TB with TB cleaner and the IAC. It still has a high idle At start but very much improved after cleaning but while my jeep is stopped/parked my idle goes up and down. Help it's driving me nuts!

Also, I don't know I this is related but I have a slight leak under my front passenger side. It's kind of behind the tire any ideas?

Thank you for anyones help!

anglucky21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2010, 10:38 AM   #2
mistertierney
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I'm having similar problems. Hopefully someone will post an answer other than change your O2 sensors.

Tags
engine , idle , leak , tps

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.