I swear this is like christmas lights!!!!!! :brickwall - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > I swear this is like christmas lights!!!!!! :brickwall

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft topsUp to $75 Cash Back on Your ARB Fridge Freezer Purchase

Unread 05-12-2012, 01:35 PM   #1
FMFTJ
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I swear this is like christmas lights!!!!!! :brickwall

Hey all, so i have a 02 TJ with a turn signal problem. It likes to work when ever it feels like it. i might get one good blink then nothing sometimes a glitchy noise or nothing at all, this goes on both sides. I started small and changed out the bulbs, no go, then the turn signal switch in the column, also no go. Tested the flasher relay and it works fine. I noticed one of the bulb harnesses in the front was all corroded. so i replaced the at too. But still nothing seems to work. Anybody have any idea where this thing might be shorting at or what else it could be?

FMFTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2012, 01:54 PM   #2
TheBoogieman
Demonic Jeep Freak!

1998 TJ Wrangler 

This double post reminds me of Groundhog day!(the movie) This double post reminds me of Groundhog day!(the movie)
Originally Posted by Jeepsr4me View Post
Yeap its your nuts that giving you the trouble here...... Get the right ones
TheBoogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2012, 02:51 PM   #3
wushaw
Rockin jeep

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Get a wiring diagram and start checking your grounds.
wushaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2012, 06:15 PM   #4
FMFTJ
2002 TJ Wrangler 

ya sorry about that double post, internet went all wierdo on me, guess i hit the submit button twice or something. Thanks for your replies guys spent most of this weekend with a test light going from the bulb all the way up to the column, And as far as i can tell with that its doing the same glitchy thing all the way up. From what i can see all the wiring looks good.
Unread 06-03-2012, 07:12 AM   #5
FMFTJ
2002 TJ Wrangler 

So turn signals are fixed. It was a ground issue after all.
Unread 06-03-2012, 08:35 AM   #6
SlackJaw
baby jeep

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Cool, where did you find the fault?

Sent from my Android using JeepForum
SlackJaw is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electrical issue , lights , signal , turn

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.