I made a _____ for my TJ! (post your homemade Jeep stuff here) - Page 98 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > I made a _____ for my TJ! (post your homemade Jeep stuff here)

Want to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under We have FLASHLIGHTS! Great for your Emergency bag!Flowmaster Overstock: Special Holiday Pricing!!!!

Unread 12-22-2008, 08:01 PM   #1456
default_user2

Quote:
Originally Posted by prd_cdn View Post
Brilliant Idea !!! I like it alot !!! FANTASTIC !!
x2. So simple but so ingenius too. I'll do this once I get an antenna of my own

default_user2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-24-2008, 04:53 PM   #1457
Badge54
2001 TJ Wrangler 

My antenna is mounted to the right rear tail light. I just tuck it under the rear window wiper arm (harf top) when I 'm going in the garage. The antenna is a firestick mounted on a spring so that makes it easier...

Can't say I made it for my Jeep though...

Badge54
Unread 12-25-2008, 02:03 AM   #1458
stadleroux
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badge54 View Post
My antenna is mounted to the right rear tail light. I just tuck it under the rear window wiper arm (harf top) when I 'm going in the garage. The antenna is a firestick mounted on a spring so that makes it easier...

Can't say I made it for my Jeep though...

Badge54
That's an idea! I could also tuck it under my new roof rack when I'm gonna use it again soon, because mine is also mounted on the right rear tail light, on a copy of that cool stainless steel bracket they have at Quadratec. But I do like being able to take it off completely and stow it somewhere safe.

Very glad if someone else could also use it.
stadleroux is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-27-2008, 09:13 PM   #1459
Bitzorock
2006 LJ Wrangler 

An antenna mount that uses one bolt on the spare tire mount.

I started off with one of these..

Thought and thought and thought about what to do with it. I did not want to Drill any holes in the jeep. So I ended up with this.

I went out and bot a grade 8 flange bolt to make up for the extra length needed.

Lots of cutting, sanding, fitting and painting. This is the final product.

Mounted at 27ft lbs. I ended up using a stack of washers on the inside of the mount to prevent it from folding at the factory torque.

100% Finished.

All in all costed me like 5 dollars. I will not post the full build detail on this thread.

Richard Clark
06 Wrangler Unlimited
Bitzorock is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-28-2008, 02:00 AM   #1460
UnlimitedNJ
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Made hybrid shortened PSC Crusher Corners/OR-Fab tire carrier mount. Welded in plates to the corners so the tailgate hinge bolts support some of the weight too like the original OR-fab mount.

Unread 12-28-2008, 08:00 AM   #1461
Tim
1997 TJ Wrangler 

temp gauge bezel from airbag switch

aux. keyed fuse panel

both were done during my aw-4 swap.
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-28-2008, 08:45 AM   #1462
Kenbo-Slice
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver_Slipper View Post
so i came across this thread you guys NEED to check out, these guys over in the middle east do all their fab work and its amazing!!! hope the mods dont kick this off, cuz im amazed at what these guys can do with very little tools!!!

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=469544
These guys are just flat out amazing! I just killed an hour looking at this post, and I didn't even get halfway through. I was in awe! Custom hand made sheetmetal hardtops!!!?? Amazing!
Kenbo-Slice is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-28-2008, 12:42 PM   #1463
tjsahara1979
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenbo-Slice View Post
These guys are just flat out amazing! I just killed an hour looking at this post, and I didn't even get halfway through. I was in awe! Custom hand made sheetmetal hardtops!!!?? Amazing!

Those guys are INCREDIBLE. I'm wondering how much they'd charge to ship one to me
'01 TJ Sahara. 3" BDS lift, 1" PA BL, 33x12.50x15 Nokian Vatiiva M/Ts, Durango steering box, soft 8s, RE steering stabilizer, and one LOUD effin' train horn :)

Green Jeep Club Member #183
tjsahara1979 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-28-2008, 02:50 PM   #1464
dbbd1

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Tim, can you give more info on the airbag bezel and guage you used. That looks sharp!

The only problem that you have with anyone in this world, is what you expect of them.

Society is no match for a stupid person.

"Life Is tough but it is tougher when you are stupid"

-John Wayne
dbbd1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-28-2008, 03:52 PM   #1465
Tim
1997 TJ Wrangler 

first, here is the link to my swap thread on another forum. i have one here but it did not get much attention. there are many comments and a lot of useful info there. AW-4 SWAP

this is a write-up that i did to go along with stu's. he hosted it for me on his site. what a pal! TIM"S SWAP ON STU"S SITE

okay, here's a little bit about the gauge and lights you see in the picture:

here is the gauge in the box. it is an autometer 2 5/8" electrical transmission temperature gauge. i like the autometer gauges because they are one of the last ones made in america. U.S.A. that is and a fine gauge at that. i cant remember what the series of the gauge is called but it is the one with a matte silver ring and silver face. looks real good.

the airbag switch disembowled.

i
here is what is inside. my 97 tj did not come with an airbag disconnect. this switch was just a hole filler that did not get hooked up.

there it is installed. i guess i should take another picture with the novak shifter cane in there to complete the picture, huh?

the red light you see lets me know when the electric cooling fan is running
the green light is on whenever the power for the fan is switched on. this lets me switch off the fan for whatever reason i see fit. water crossings, etc...

the instrument lighting is tied into the lights for all the other gauges, stock and otherwise. i brazed a sensor bung into the tranny pan. it just screws right in with some thread sealant and one wire to the back of the gauge.
Unread 12-28-2008, 07:24 PM   #1466
rmb2485
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
Where's your transfer case shifter???
rmb2485 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-28-2008, 10:02 PM   #1467
dbbd1

2003 TJ Wrangler 

So, the airbag switch and bezel is from a wrangler too? Mine did not come with a switch either.

The only problem that you have with anyone in this world, is what you expect of them.

Society is no match for a stupid person.

"Life Is tough but it is tougher when you are stupid"

-John Wayne
dbbd1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-28-2008, 10:24 PM   #1468
default_user2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmb2485 View Post
Where's your transfer case shifter???
HAHA! Good eye... Suprising how I can miss something like that. Maybe it's just been temporarily removed? Pretty sure they didn't make a 2wd TJ so yeah...
default_user2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-28-2008, 11:14 PM   #1469
mike_dippert
hodophobic

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbbd1 View Post
So, the airbag switch and bezel is from a wrangler too? Mine did not come with a switch either.
i think they only came in 98-99 models...
JF taught me that the 2.5L, Ax-5 and D35 together are so powerful that angels weep when I shift into 4LO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
The only thing a bicycle inner tube is good for, is tying a knot in the end of when you run out of condoms.
mike_dippert is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-29-2008, 01:25 AM   #1470
Tim
1997 TJ Wrangler 

it is out of a wrangler. a tj... and it did come 99 and on. i think a few years in the middle were skipped. 97s did not have them an some if not all 98s didnt either. this one is from a 99.

the shifter for the t-case was explained above when you snipped the pic you took it out. lol!! i took the pic while the novak cane was cooling, getting painted or something.

Tags
home made , homemade , tj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.