I made a _____ for my TJ! (post your homemade Jeep stuff here) - Page 96 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > I made a _____ for my TJ! (post your homemade Jeep stuff here)

XJ Rail Sale!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Vanco Big Brake Kit Promotion!

Unread 11-18-2008, 05:36 PM   #1426
Silver_Slipper
2000 TJ Wrangler 

ive done some minor things on days i got bored i trimmed the fenders, built a cb bracket above the rear view, painted the wheels haha, helped a buddy build my sub box, chopped my front bumper, nothin like free upgrades! minus the box

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d8...h/DSC_0439.jpg
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d8...h/DSC_0441.jpg
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d8...h/DSC_0443.jpg
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d8...h/DSC_0447.jpg

[COLOR="Silver"]Silver Jeep Club #37[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Black"][B]Nightcrew #021[/B][/COLOR]
|l,[COLOR="Silver"][___][/COLOR],
[COLOR="Silver"]l---L--[/COLOR][COLOR="Yellow"]O[/COLOR]lllllll[COLOR="Yellow"]O[/COLOR][COLOR="Silver"][/COLOR]
()_) ()_)--o-)_)[/CENTER]

"The Jeep is America's only real sports car" - Enzo Ferrari

[QUOTE=MarkoPo;6689793]No, we all know in the beginning God created the earth and the Heavens. On the second day God created man and Jeep. Man had too much fun so God created woman. Man hasn't had near as much fun since.[/QUOTE]
Silver_Slipper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-18-2008, 05:43 PM   #1427
Patton
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Nice. and bump to top
Patton is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-18-2008, 07:56 PM   #1428
prd_cdn
Web Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbbd1 View Post
Okay, so until I can upgrade my D35....

I saw this recovery device, in case your c-clip goes.

I went out and for about $30, I made my own. Bought a 48" nipple of 3/4" "black pipe" from Home depot, iron but not galvanized. I then cut it the middle. This gave me 2 pieces with a threaded end on one end. Disregard the quick link you see here. I took the pic's after I welded them on. ($11.00)

Same shopping trip, bought 2ea 1/2" quick links and welded them onto the non-threaded end. (2 X $4.30)

Slid some 1 1/4" pvc pipe over it to act as a "bearing" surface. ($4.00)

Then I screwed on a 3/4" union (not "coupler"). This allows me so separate the unit in half for easier storage but to quickly assemble it. The union also keeps the pvc pieces separate, this is important because they will be rotating in different directions. ($8.50)

The completed c-clip recovery tool. I think, in hindsight, I should have gone with 1" but tghis seems stout enough. Yes, I know that the pvc will be shredded, but it will serve the purpose and then can be replaced. You could also just leave the pipe in one piece but after you weld on the quick links, you would have no way to replace the pvc (but then again, for the cost, a one-time tool might be worth it). If you do not have access to a welder you might want to think about buying the one shown. I figure at the price they are charging it would be worth it, especially considering that they say their rollers have bearings in them. They want like $125.00 for them.

And this is why you might want one...

http://www.billhughes.com/dana35c/
So simple, so Logical !!! TOTALLY awesome Idea !! Well done, like you said and the article, its in an emergency, not going fast and to only get you to a hard pack !!!

prd_cdn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-18-2008, 10:44 PM   #1429
Silver_Slipper
2000 TJ Wrangler 

so i came across this thread you guys NEED to check out, these guys over in the middle east do all their fab work and its amazing!!! hope the mods dont kick this off, cuz im amazed at what these guys can do with very little tools!!!

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=469544
[COLOR="Silver"]Silver Jeep Club #37[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Black"][B]Nightcrew #021[/B][/COLOR]
|l,[COLOR="Silver"][___][/COLOR],
[COLOR="Silver"]l---L--[/COLOR][COLOR="Yellow"]O[/COLOR]lllllll[COLOR="Yellow"]O[/COLOR][COLOR="Silver"][/COLOR]
()_) ()_)--o-)_)[/CENTER]

"The Jeep is America's only real sports car" - Enzo Ferrari

[QUOTE=MarkoPo;6689793]No, we all know in the beginning God created the earth and the Heavens. On the second day God created man and Jeep. Man had too much fun so God created woman. Man hasn't had near as much fun since.[/QUOTE]
Silver_Slipper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-18-2008, 11:35 PM   #1430
mudb8
want it rite or rite now?

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RnEmOvr View Post
built a new skid/belly up, will have bolts going through the side of frame with nut on inside (will weld tube into frame to keep from crushing the frame), so no nut inserts, and will only hang 1/4" from frame (thickness of metal, thats it) i love having access to a 112 ton press

excellent.. thats one thing I have always liked about the full traction skid mounting.

HighLine Hood Jeepers
TJ Adjustable Track bars
DIY highline fenders.... 34-37's under 0"-2.5" lifts
shock length, bumpstop extension, tire size chart click here
DIY shock shifters, more uptravel/better ride

2011 E-350 4x4 Van conversion

2006 Rubicon Unlimited

ASE Certified Master Tech/Fabricator @ jeepwest.com
mudb8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-19-2008, 07:41 AM   #1431
TexasTom
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver_Slipper View Post
so i came across this thread you guys NEED to check out, these guys over in the middle east do all their fab work and its amazing!!! hope the mods dont kick this off, cuz im amazed at what these guys can do with very little tools!!!

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=469544
That's some pretty cool stuff.

----Unknown
TexasTom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-20-2008, 07:12 AM   #1432
Osmosiz
2000 XJ Cherokee 

its hard to tell from my picture but i made a new bolt. didn't have the right size torx head, so we welded some random nut on there to take it off. then just cleaned up the edges and called it a day.

[IMG] [/IMG]

will work for jeep parts
Osmosiz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-20-2008, 03:40 PM   #1433
cherokee980
2008 JK Wrangler 

Great ideas guys!!!!
Unread 11-22-2008, 02:45 PM   #1434
dbbd1

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbbd1 View Post
Okay, so until I can upgrade my D35....

I saw this recovery device, in case your c-clip goes.

I went out and for about $30, I made my own. Bought a 48" nipple of 3/4" "black pipe" from Home depot, iron but not galvanized. I then cut it the middle. This gave me 2 pieces with a threaded end on one end. Disregard the quick link you see here. I took the pic's after I welded them on. ($11.00)

Same shopping trip, bought 2ea 1/2" quick links and welded them onto the non-threaded end. (2 X $4.30)

Slid some 1 1/4" pvc pipe over it to act as a "bearing" surface. ($4.00)

Then I screwed on a 3/4" union (not "coupler"). This allows me so separate the unit in half for easier storage but to quickly assemble it. The union also keeps the pvc pieces separate, this is important because they will be rotating in different directions. ($8.50)

The completed c-clip recovery tool. I think, in hindsight, I should have gone with 1" but tghis seems stout enough. Yes, I know that the pvc will be shredded, but it will serve the purpose and then can be replaced. You could also just leave the pipe in one piece but after you weld on the quick links, you would have no way to replace the pvc (but then again, for the cost, a one-time tool might be worth it). If you do not have access to a welder you might want to think about buying the one shown. I figure at the price they are charging it would be worth it, especially considering that they say their rollers have bearings in them. They want like $125.00 for them.

And this is why you might want one...

http://www.billhughes.com/dana35c/
Okay, so I just upgraded to version 2.0. I made a new one out 1" black pipe and used a coupler instead of a union. Anyone want the 1.0 version? $30.00, shipped (just to cover the cost of the parts used).

The only problem that you have with anyone in this world, is what you expect of them.

Society is no match for a stupid person.

"Life Is tough but it is tougher when you are stupid"

-John Wayne
dbbd1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-05-2008, 07:54 AM   #1435
chris47826
2002 TJ Wrangler 

nice arm rest... ill post some pics but i made a speaker box for under the rear seat that points the sound towards the driver
Unread 12-07-2008, 11:43 PM   #1436
XJnMTB
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Made some brackets/clamps to install bike fork mounts on my rack:

They still need paint, but I tested 'em out today anyway!
Unread 12-07-2008, 11:55 PM   #1437
Doctor7474
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by muskyslayr View Post
Yeah if it happened right now I'd worry about it, but we've got a long cold winter coming so I'll have lots of time for more mods... Right now I've only got crusher corners on, eventually I'll be wrapping the whole rear fender and doing tube fenders. That, and the mounts for the stinger will be tied into the roll cage mounts. So, by spreading the force out, should a mishap happen, it should be okay... I mean, even right now, the way it is, with all the layers if metal going on right there in the corner it's nearly 1/2" thick... Besides, that stuff'll never happen to me.

Thats not the area where the tub has issues when its a rear impact (or even some front impacts). What happens is when you make something sturdy it no longer absorbs impact energy, so it will transfer through the whole vehicle until that shockwave of energy gets something soft to absorb it. Jeeps are really bad about the tub folding up in the rocker area below the doors, see it all the time. I'm an insurance appraiser btw so I get to see lots of wrecked cars.
Doctor7474 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-10-2008, 10:53 AM   #1438
flexsaharatj
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oman Jeep View Post
I made a fog-light-flasher by using the front turn signals to control a relay that switches between my inner and outer fog lights when activated.

The purpose is because my parents live down a 10 minute road which isn't a proper 2-lane track and people are terrible here for cutting the corner... so I would always flash my high beams on the corners at night to warn on-coming cars as they see the light shining on the walls.

Bit of a pain in the butt to do that when I'm visiting... so I rigged up an automatic way of doing it

[YT]T7oytOXdJ_4[/YT]

Can't say you didn't see me coming now

Also fun for a bit of a victory dance when coming off an obstacle when off road

CAN YOU PLEASE SHOW ME HOW TO DO THIS!

i pmed u but your full

Firefighters Jeep Club
flexsaharatj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-16-2008, 12:44 PM   #1439
erickpl
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I'd be interested in that as well...
Green Jeep Member #155
Low Output 4 Cylinder Jeep Member #35

Keep moving forward. But keep an eye on history, for if you don't, you are doomed to repeat it.
erickpl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-17-2008, 11:06 AM   #1440
slafferty
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I've been wanting a stinger for my tj, so I decided to build my own. I just taught myself to weld so I really didnt have any experiance, but I think it turned out pretty decent. I cut the stock bumper, reinforced it with 1/4 inch steel, used 1/4 inch steel tube, 3/16 inch floor plate, and made my own recovery points.
'00 TJ, 4.0, nv3550 spd, E-lockers Front and Rear, 4.88 gears. Homebuilt Bumpers/ tube doors.. Homebuilt Long Arm in the making... 35 inch MT-R's ordered[QUOTE=RUBtjICON;9622056]If you arent scratching it, you arent trying hard enough :tea:[/QUOTE]

[U][I][B]MY BUILD THREAD[/B][/I][/U]
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/slaffertys-2000-tj-build-1121555/index2.html"][COLOR="RoyalBlue"][SIZE="4"]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/slaffertys-2000-tj-build-1121555/index2.html[/SIZE][/COLOR][/URL]
slafferty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
home made , homemade , tj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.