I made a _____ for my TJ! (post your homemade Jeep stuff here) - Page 9 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > I made a _____ for my TJ! (post your homemade Jeep stuff here)

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Advance Adapters SYE KitsRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 04-15-2007, 07:41 PM   #121
bman9089
2005 TJ Wrangler 

i figured he would have bought warn bumpers.

Afterall, he's all about warn.

(and there's nothing wrong with that)

"The American Republic will endure, until politicians realize they can bribe the people with their own money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville

“Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it” -- Mark Twain

† Christian Jeep Club †
Romans 12:5 | 1 Peter 3:15 | Matthew 9:37-38
bman9089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2007, 09:55 AM   #122
Kurt_3_0_1

I made a truly hidden ignition disable switch. even i cant see it but I know its there

Originally Posted by Kurt_3_0_1
Hey all I dont want to give away my secret to any thieves but I found this an on another website and it works great. alot of people who dont want there cars stolen place a ignition kill toggle switch hidden somewhere in their vehicle. I went to radioshack and got a 12 v magnetic reed switch. I dont even know what these things are normally used for but they have them there in a little cabinet so I got one right beside that they also had some good magnets. the reed switch about $1.49 do not straighten the wires that come out of the end during the next step leave them bent like they come. take two pieces of wire about three feet long and solder them to the switch then cut the single wire to your clutch safety switch and wire this inline with it. if you have an automatic you can run it through the ignition but not sure how since I have a standard. tuck it in somewhere behind one of the plastic panels on your dash beside your steering wheel column preferably on the left side for ease of access. now you have a truly hidden disable switch as it cant be seen at all. I keep the magnet I bought on top of my roll bar after all its a magnet and sticks to the roll bar quite nicely. whenever I start my jeep I take the magnet hold it up to the panel and turn the key. it starts every time. if I try to turn it on with out the magnet held to the right spot on the panel, it does nothing just like trying to start it with out the clutch in. I have yet to have any problem with it and have been running that way for 8 months now. So unless you are a car thief who is smart enough to bring a magnet with you and intuitive enough to hold the magnet to the right spot on my panel and turn the ignition at the same time, or you have enough time to jack up my sterring column and get under my dash and rewire my clutch safety switch wires back together. you are not getting my jeep :-)
Kurt_3_0_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2007, 10:29 AM   #123
JeepRocks86
Some Call me RockDog

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Almost finished with the belly up (phase 1 atleast)

phase one is get the skid mounted for this weekend. The tranny mount itself will be up to keep it away from the rocks, but the 4 bolts holding it to the frame will not be flushmounted yet.

Phase 2 is flush mount the bolts and put UHMW on the bottom to slide over things better.
My TJ Build Thread.
www.kifourwheelers.com
For Sale:
TJ Rear Dana 44 shaftsfor sale
3 11"& 2 13" BBCS shocks

JeepRocks86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2007, 01:16 PM   #124
jappe
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Some pictures more. Last weekend.
Tonneau cover is home made. It is not aluminium. Only looks like. It is soft (vinyl or something like)
Tail lights are very cheap (10$). Made for trailers. I want save original ones.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEUvl1FMEpM&NR=1

Last edited by jappe; 04-16-2007 at 01:37 PM..
jappe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2007, 01:24 PM   #125
LarrySchwegman

Are you wheeling in a tux in that picture?

Then your jeep says "Go Prepared"
LarrySchwegman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2007, 02:00 PM   #126
Baotchi
2010 JK Wrangler 

This guy really has something for Warn!
Unread 04-16-2007, 02:38 PM   #127
rpg1520
Heavily Armed Liberal
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I sent a picture of his jeep to one of my friends that works at Warn, he liked it.
rpg1520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2007, 02:53 PM   #128
Varnish
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Little tube rack for the top of my new Bestop Extendatrunk
'99 XJ 4dr SE
Varnish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2007, 03:26 PM   #129
Bulldog Jeeper
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpg1520
I sent a picture of his jeep to one of my friends that works at Warn, he liked it.
tell your friend that i'll wear the same decal setup, if he'll hook me up with some equipment...
Bulldog Jeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2007, 07:35 AM   #130
sardog12
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I made a truly hidden ignition disable switch. even i cant see it but I know its there

Hey all I dont want to give away my secret to any thieves but I found this an on another website and it works great. alot of people who dont want there cars stolen place a ignition kill toggle switch hidden somewhere in their vehicle. I went to radioshack and got a 12 v magnetic reed switch. I dont even know what these things are normally used for but they have them there in a little cabinet so I got one right beside that they also had some good magnets. the reed switch about $1.49 do not straighten the wires that come out of the end during the next step leave them bent like they come. take two pieces of wire about three feet long and solder them to the switch then cut the single wire to your clutch safety switch and wire this inline with it. if you have an automatic you can run it through the ignition but not sure how since I have a standard. tuck it in somewhere behind one of the plastic panels on your dash beside your steering wheel column preferably on the left side for ease of access. now you have a truly hidden disable switch as it cant be seen at all. I keep the magnet I bought on top of my roll bar after all its a magnet and sticks to the roll bar quite nicely. whenever I start my jeep I take the magnet hold it up to the panel and turn the key. it starts every time. if I try to turn it on with out the magnet held to the right spot on the panel, it does nothing just like trying to start it with out the clutch in. I have yet to have any problem with it and have been running that way for 8 months now. So unless you are a car thief who is smart enough to bring a magnet with you and intuitive enough to hold the magnet to the right spot on my panel and turn the ignition at the same time, or you have enough time to jack up my sterring column and get under my dash and rewire my clutch safety switch wires back together. you are not getting my jeep :-)
That is a great idea. I had done something similar with a simple switch on my old samurai, but I really like the magnet idea. I would just make sure to have a few spare magnets, maybe tucked away in case someone thinks it is cool just to jack the one from your roll bar thinking they are being cute or "hey, look, a magnet" and it walks off.
Unread 04-17-2007, 07:39 AM   #131
sardog12
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varnish
Little tube rack for the top of my new Bestop Extendatrunk
That think looks great and doesn't look like it sits as high as some I have seen. It also doesn't look like it has the sidewalls that other pics show. Did you modify it in some way. This what I am thinking about getting, but the only thing I wasn't too sure of is how it will make the soft top stick up in the back as now it is nice and neatly tucked away between the rear of the roll bar and the back of jeep.
Unread 04-17-2007, 07:45 AM   #132
SpoiledRotten
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jappe
Some pictures more. Last weekend.
Tonneau cover is home made. It is not aluminium. Only looks like. It is soft (vinyl or something like)
Tail lights are very cheap (10$). Made for trailers. I want save original ones.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEUvl1FMEpM&NR=1

One thing about that type of advertisement..... Warn would paying me big buck to advertise their product like that! Not happening with me. I'll put it on mine if they want to send me a monthly check for it or donate everything that has their name on it.

Hey maybe that stands for "warn down" or "warn out"?

Nah, Just messing with you about the warn out, not the free advertisement though. That is a little much but you are driving it, not me.
Christian Jeepers _ Member #2
United Four Wheel Drive Association _ Member
National Rifle Association _ Member
SpoiledRotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2007, 11:01 AM   #133
Varnish
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sardog12
That think looks great and doesn't look like it sits as high as some I have seen. It also doesn't look like it has the sidewalls that other pics show. Did you modify it in some way. This what I am thinking about getting, but the only thing I wasn't too sure of is how it will make the soft top stick up in the back as now it is nice and neatly tucked away between the rear of the roll bar and the back of jeep.
No modifications to the extendatrunk at all. I'm real happy with the design. I don't run a soft top but I expect it would sit up higher in the back in my jeep as well. The top of the extendatrunk is just above or right at the height of the rear tailgate.
'99 XJ 4dr SE
Varnish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2007, 11:13 AM   #134
TJ-Marine PA
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Couldn't they just pull the clutch safety switch fuse from the fuse panel? Not knocking the overall design or saying that most thieves would think of that but I would recommend putting the kill switch in a more disabling circuit like the starter circuit w/ a relay or the ignition switch circuit.
JarHead Jeep Club Member #8 www.bbnt4x4.org
Go Pittsburgh!!! Go Penn State!!!
TJ-Marine PA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2007, 01:16 PM   #135
XabuJr
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ-Marine PA
Couldn't they just pull the clutch safety switch fuse from the fuse panel? Not knocking the overall design or saying that most thieves would think of that but I would recommend putting the kill switch in a more disabling circuit like the starter circuit w/ a relay or the ignition switch circuit.

The magnet idea is nothing new. It's the ADE system. There's a full word document with schematics that tell you how to wire it up and have it work properly. Costs about $15 in parts.

'88 YJ, 33's, auto, 4.2L. Many pieces waiting to be put in!
XabuJr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
home made , homemade , tj

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.