I made a _____ for my TJ! (post your homemade Jeep stuff here) - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > I made a _____ for my TJ! (post your homemade Jeep stuff here)

Dana 30/ Dana 44 Chromoly shaft Kits- ECGSFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201

Unread 03-22-2007, 08:07 PM   #76
SilverJ
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I built these rocker guards!! They go wheelwell to wheelwell, and only cost me $140 and some time.

Last edited by SilverJ; 01-23-2008 at 08:26 PM..
SilverJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2007, 08:22 PM   #77
silvergreentj
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverJ
I built these rocker guards!! They go wheelwell to wheelwell, and only cost me $140 and some time.
how does the lincoln lock do on the street, i thought about either buying a mini spool or welding every other spider but i just think that it will eat those rear tires up on pavement?!

thanks,

Low Life-87 slammed e30
silvergreentj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2007, 08:29 PM   #78
SilverJ
2006 TJ Wrangler 

It barks like a big dog going around tight corners, I don't mind it any more than the banging from the detroit I had in my Chebby though. The tires are probably wearing a little faster, I haven't noticed, but they are soft and would not have lasted very long anyways!! I love it offroad, it does what it is meant to, though when I regear in the future I will cough up the money for another detroit.
SilverJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2007, 12:10 AM   #79
gt66stang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcomf
Yours is similar to my setup, guess there can't be that much variance in designing a heat exchanger. Did you use 3/8" tubing for the coil? Is that 3" or 4" pipe. I priced out 4" pipe and end pieces when I did mine and had a coronary. $47/foot for the pipe and over $180 for the 2 end caps. Needless to say I went smaller. Something to consider if you ever open it back up again is to put some baffles in.
It is 3/8 tubing and a 3" pipe. I got the pipe from a recycling yard for about $12. End caps were $15 each. What do the beffles do? Just curious, I don't ever think I'll open this thing up but may build another one someday.
Dave
Unread 03-23-2007, 08:21 AM   #80
BradG
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by raskull
I bought a piece of 1" angle iron about 2 feet long, and cut/drilled it to match the bottom bolts of the stock tire carrier. I then drilled a hole on the top side of it to mount my CB antenna to. Then you just run your CB antenna through the location your 3rd brake light wire goes through, paint it up, and viola! $10 sturdy CB mount! A 4ft antenna sticks up past my top by about 8-9".

Sounds neat! I'm looking for a way to mount a 102" whip on my TJ, but I don't want to start cutting and drilling. Do you have the stock tire carrier? If so, could you post some pictures? Thanks
2003 TJ X Silver | 31x10.50x15 BFG A/Ts | 10k front tow hooks, factory rear tow hook | 2" coil spacers | Cobra 19 with RatShack 102" stainless whip on an Arizona RockyRoad tire carrier mount | Kilby Steering Box Skid | AtoZ Fabrication Rock Sliders | Olympic Slider Rear Bumper w Receiver | Skid Row Engine/Oil/Tranny skid (still sitting in my living room)
BradG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2007, 08:24 AM   #81
BradG
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pendleton
That's alot of work!

Here are a couple of mine that I have pics of
Foot Pegs...

CB Antenna Mount...
Sweet CB mount! Only drawback is that it looks easy to brea koff on the trail...
2003 TJ X Silver | 31x10.50x15 BFG A/Ts | 10k front tow hooks, factory rear tow hook | 2" coil spacers | Cobra 19 with RatShack 102" stainless whip on an Arizona RockyRoad tire carrier mount | Kilby Steering Box Skid | AtoZ Fabrication Rock Sliders | Olympic Slider Rear Bumper w Receiver | Skid Row Engine/Oil/Tranny skid (still sitting in my living room)
BradG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2007, 08:39 AM   #82
raskull
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradG
Sounds neat! I'm looking for a way to mount a 102" whip on my TJ, but I don't want to start cutting and drilling. Do you have the stock tire carrier? If so, could you post some pictures? Thanks
Yep, and yep. I'll take some pics when I get home in a few hours and edit my original post to include them. I thought it was a great idea myself because it's cheap, and completely reversible. No holes, and no having to buy new bolts.

EDIT: Posted them up on my original post, on page 5.

Raskull - Metallic Silver '03 Jeep TJ Sport (pic)
http://myjeeptj.com <- Write-ups on mods/maintenance/trips and a video/image gallery
Custom front bumper build
Custom rockers build
My build thread

Last edited by raskull; 03-23-2007 at 06:47 PM..
raskull is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2007, 06:47 PM   #83
raskull
2003 TJ Wrangler 

And a quick bump to keep this post rolling.. it's back on page three now.

Has anyone here made their own crusher corners?

Raskull - Metallic Silver '03 Jeep TJ Sport (pic)
http://myjeeptj.com <- Write-ups on mods/maintenance/trips and a video/image gallery
Custom front bumper build
Custom rockers build
My build thread
raskull is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2007, 11:34 PM   #84
Khaki Crawlers

The central shop at my workplace is constantly throwing out small (and larger)pieces of dimond plate alumunim..... .... I should dig some out of the scrap barrel and make some corners.

Thanks for the idea raskull
Unread 03-29-2007, 04:57 PM   #85
markc522

Quote:
Originally Posted by geauxturbo
Very clean.. nice work.

thank you sir.

bump for a cool thread that has unforunatley slowed down.......
yellow jeep club member #874
JEEP: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
markc522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2007, 05:51 PM   #86
littleman66
2001 TJ Wrangler 

homemade rear bumper

ps, my old YJ in the back for sale
100_1246-small-.jpg  
homemade rear bumper with hitch, two recovery points
dual battery. 1750 watt inverter
Dukes of Hazard/Dixieland horn. Neoprene seat covers
littleman66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2007, 06:57 PM   #87
ninjajeep
2001 TJ Wrangler 

on board air
dscf1528.jpg   dscf1530.jpg  
Unread 03-30-2007, 09:28 AM   #88
Dcomf

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt66stang
It is 3/8 tubing and a 3" pipe. I got the pipe from a recycling yard for about $12. End caps were $15 each. What do the beffles do? Just curious, I don't ever think I'll open this thing up but may build another one someday.
Dave
If you notice when you have wound the coil there is a large empty space through the center where the coolant flows. Well this doesn't allow good heat transfer when most of the coolant just goes through. With baffles that close off the ends it forces the coolant over the coils giving better transfer. Improved efficiency, hotter water.
Dcomf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2007, 10:11 AM   #89
Bulldog Jeeper
2003 TJ Wrangler 

bump for a cool thread... i'm getting a lot more ideas... i've never very inventive, so this thread needs to stay alive in order for me to be capable of doing some stuff...lol
Bulldog Jeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2007, 10:33 AM   #90
rmb2485
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Home made intake with a K&N filter I had laying around from my old civic. Did it for the sound more than anything else, but we'll see if I end up ripping it off after a couple weeks.

rmb2485 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
home made , homemade , tj

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.