I made a _____ for my TJ! (post your homemade Jeep stuff here) - Page 55 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > I made a _____ for my TJ! (post your homemade Jeep stuff here)

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineHalloween Savings to die for!We have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while supplie

Unread 04-20-2008, 08:49 PM   #811
Bandicoot
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I made a storage box / subwoofer box / cb mount. I'm going to post some extra pics in the electrical section if anyone's interested...

Last edited by Bandicoot; 04-21-2008 at 08:21 AM..
Bandicoot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-20-2008, 09:02 PM   #812
omgsideburns

Made a bracket to mount my 33x12.50 spare on the stock holder. Cost $11 bucks from the home depot and it looks great! (yeah yeah i'm gonna F up my gate, I'll get a bumper soon enough)
omgsideburns is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-20-2008, 09:11 PM   #813
sweetguardian00
1946 CJ2A 

went to the junkyard, got 2 F-150 Mirrors from an 89, cut em down and made mirrors that fit into the hinge when i dont run doors

total cost: $20

time:10 min of work, 2 hours of driving to "break them in"
1984 C-10 6.2/SM465
Yeah it's a Diesel
sweetguardian00 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-20-2008, 10:07 PM   #814
AROSETO
2005 TJ Wrangler 

1st Fab effort. Making an Engine/Trans Skid Plate

So this is my first fabrication. I just lifted my 2005 TJ Rubicon and wanted to hit the Rubicon Trail for some moderate 4wheeling and camping but want to make sure my underside is protected. So I acquiried a 4' by 6' by 3/16th of an inch sheet of stainless still from work.

And am cutting it down and drilling holes right now to fit it from 2 bolts in the stock transfercase skid to 2 bolts in the bellhousing and so far one bolt to support the rolled lip around the oil pan. Bringing it to work tomorrow to drill the holes for the bolts and to roll the lip as well as cut a half moon hole for changing the oil. Just have to figure out brackets to attach it to the 2 bellhousing bolts and an oil pan bolt in the front to support it.

Oh and I have to clean it up its been sitting around in an open metal yard for a few years. Figured I'd swirl it and clear coat it once its just about ready to be installed.
AROSETO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-21-2008, 03:20 AM   #815
Matt Graham
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgsideburns View Post
Made a bracket to mount my 33x12.50 spare on the stock holder. Cost $11 bucks from the home depot and it looks great! (yeah yeah i'm gonna F up my gate, I'll get a bumper soon enough)
hey I understand that, sometimes you don't have $600 to go buy a new bumper right away (like me ) & you just do what you have to do until then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AROSETO View Post
So this is my first fabrication. I just lifted my 2005 TJ Rubicon and wanted to hit the Rubicon Trail for some moderate 4wheeling and camping but want to make sure my underside is protected. So I acquiried a 4' by 6' by 3/16th of an inch sheet of stainless still from work.

And am cutting it down and drilling holes right now to fit it from 2 bolts in the stock transfercase skid to 2 bolts in the bellhousing and so far one bolt to support the rolled lip around the oil pan. Bringing it to work tomorrow to drill the holes for the bolts and to roll the lip as well as cut a half moon hole for changing the oil. Just have to figure out brackets to attach it to the 2 bellhousing bolts and an oil pan bolt in the front to support it.

Oh and I have to clean it up its been sitting around in an open metal yard for a few years. Figured I'd swirl it and clear coat it once its just about ready to be installed.
no click..........
Unread 04-23-2008, 02:29 PM   #816
Unscathed
2001 TJ Wrangler 

PICTURES!!! PLEASE

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetguardian00 View Post
went to the junkyard, got 2 F-150 Mirrors from an 89, cut em down and made mirrors that fit into the hinge when i dont run doors

total cost: $20

time:10 min of work, 2 hours of driving to "break them in"

The owner of Alljeep.com, Wayne Hartwig will work within your budget!!! He is very informative to anyone not knowing much about axle work and will meet or beat any competitor's advertised price on any specific product delivered to your door - even if he sells at cost!
Unscathed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-23-2008, 03:55 PM   #817
DezDiggler
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I made this locking storage system for my LJ. Got the box from army surplus. Had a water proof gasket, which is removed for the time being. Had to install hinges on the back, and lock on the front. Built the stand out of aluminium angle stock. So i get storage underneath, and can lock my laptop in the trunk. Which also holds my safari top. Trunk is secured using plastic covered steel cable, and the stand is clamped down to the bed using the rear bed tie ins. Under storage is secure by keeping the tailgate locked. Its about 95% done, but good enough for travel and security.

I may add walls to the lower shelf unit, to help protect from rain, and/or add a drawer(s).

DezDiggler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2008, 01:33 PM   #818
AROSETO
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Its all cut and rolled an sort of swirled/polished. I still could do some more edges smoothing and shiny up the surface but why, it is utilitarian for protection and probably get banged up and scratched. I just need to fit and measure brackets to two bell housing bolts and off the front of the oil pan.

Unread 04-27-2008, 01:35 PM   #819
AROSETO
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Hmmm...my photos never post anymore. I use photobucket and the IMG code (4th one down). I was able to post them in another forum.
Unread 04-27-2008, 01:38 PM   #820
Scotch740
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Its all cut and rolled an sort of swirled/polished. I still could do some more edges smoothing and shiny up the surface but why, it is utilitarian for protection and probably get banged up and scratched. I just need to fit and measure brackets to two bell housing bolts and off the front of the oil pan.

You need 50 posts.
Scotch740 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2008, 12:27 AM   #821
AROSETO
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Scotch740, what does your skids look like. I see most of yours are homemade.
Unread 04-28-2008, 06:47 AM   #822
tecumsa

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DezDiggler View Post
I made this locking storage system for my LJ. Got the box from army surplus. Had a water proof gasket, which is removed for the time being. Had to install hinges on the back, and lock on the front. Built the stand out of aluminium angle stock. So i get storage underneath, and can lock my laptop in the trunk. Which also holds my safari top. Trunk is secured using plastic covered steel cable, and the stand is clamped down to the bed using the rear bed tie ins. Under storage is secure by keeping the tailgate locked. Its about 95% done, but good enough for travel and security.

I may add walls to the lower shelf unit, to help protect from rain, and/or add a drawer(s).
I'd be careful about storing a laptop in that box during the warm months. I'd wager it could get hot enough inside that box to fry some of the more sensitive components.

Mike
tecumsa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2008, 09:38 AM   #823
Scotch740
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Scotch740, what does your skids look like. I see most of yours are homemade.

Thats what mine is like, Most of my projects listed in my sig are a link to my write up.
Scotch740 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2008, 01:15 PM   #824
AROSETO
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Wow, that's sweet. Way more heavy duty and time then mine. I don't have a welder. Plus I am using stainless since it was cheap and available for me from work.
What is your metal, 1/4" steel?
Unread 04-28-2008, 10:34 PM   #825
BCJEEP
1997 TJ Wrangler 

well I have built lots for my jeep over the last year here are some pics

OBA

Front bumper and winch plate

Rear bumper and tire carrier

Sliders (thanks for your help island4x4)

Winch OBA Rock light switchs

Canadian Jeep Club Member #5
BCJEEP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
home made , homemade , tj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.