I made a _____ for my TJ! (post your homemade Jeep stuff here) - Page 53 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > I made a _____ for my TJ! (post your homemade Jeep stuff here)

Poison Spyder DeFenders™ - "Tubeless" Jeep FendeAll Bilstein shocks & struts - Lowest Prices Ever and Santa Kolak Announces: Kolak Exhaust 20% Off Sale!

Unread 04-10-2008, 04:21 PM   #781
bman9089
2005 TJ Wrangler 

very nice work jeepguylj. I love that color.

"The American Republic will endure, until politicians realize they can bribe the people with their own money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville

“Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it” -- Mark Twain

† Christian Jeep Club †
Romans 12:5 | 1 Peter 3:15 | Matthew 9:37-38
bman9089 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-10-2008, 06:09 PM   #782
jeepguylj
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Thanks bman9089, I bought wheels for it and im going to put some kind of fabric so it wont scratche my paint.
jeepguylj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-10-2008, 06:23 PM   #783
Tufftoy
2005 TJ Wrangler 

To all who responded on my bumper: It is very well made 1/4" thick bumper, 1/8" supports, the strut does help it open and stops it from opening more than it needs, and also helps keep it closed (I have forgotten to latch it closed and it didn't move much). It was made by Vic at VORFAB in Mountain Home Idaho, a small one man shop who does excellent above average work. The wiring is for my 3rd brake light (as seen below), and my old tire carrier was used for the mount for the tire. Thanks to all for the comments, to see more of the bumper you can see it here. ---> http://s41.photobucket.com/albums/e282/Tufftoy/

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
2005 Silver TJ | 6 cyl | AirAid Intake | Throttle Body Spacer | 6 Speed Tranny | Super 35 Rear | Super 30 Front | 4.56 Front / Rear | ARB Lockers Front / Rear | 4" FabTech Lift | 33X12.5 | Black 15" Steel Rock Crawlers | Custom Bumper & Tire Carrier|
Tufftoy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-10-2008, 06:33 PM   #784
Tufftoy
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Oh and by the way, it was $400 with powder coat and all.
2005 Silver TJ | 6 cyl | AirAid Intake | Throttle Body Spacer | 6 Speed Tranny | Super 35 Rear | Super 30 Front | 4.56 Front / Rear | ARB Lockers Front / Rear | 4" FabTech Lift | 33X12.5 | Black 15" Steel Rock Crawlers | Custom Bumper & Tire Carrier|
Tufftoy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-10-2008, 06:45 PM   #785
RallyeX
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Graham View Post
I understand how they work. I had some on a '98 TJ I owned a few years ago. However, he has them installed with the bottom portion of the mirror still attached. The way I understand it and the way they worked on my TJ, they are designed to use the factory mirror, but you are supposed to unbolt the mirror and arm from the bracket that attaches to the door. Then you bolt just the mirror and the arm to the new bracket.

Anyone else see what I see? Maybe I'm looking at the picture wrong. . . . .
I see what you see, but if you remove the bracket from the mirror than there is nothing to mount the mirror on on the bracket. The bracket is flat with 3 holes so you can bolt on the stock mirror.

RallyeX
RallyeX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-10-2008, 09:30 PM   #786
Matt Graham
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tufftoy View Post
That is an awesome deal. I wish someone around here could build one like that for $400
Unread 04-10-2008, 10:51 PM   #787
BS87
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Graham View Post
I understand how they work. I had some on a '98 TJ I owned a few years ago. However, he has them installed with the bottom portion of the mirror still attached. The way I understand it and the way they worked on my TJ, they are designed to use the factory mirror, but you are supposed to unbolt the mirror and arm from the bracket that attaches to the door. Then you bolt just the mirror and the arm to the new bracket.

Anyone else see what I see? Maybe I'm looking at the picture wrong. . . . .

To Clarify-

There are 2 types of mirrors and two types of mover brackets:

97-02 have the regualr old jeep mirrors, that you can unbolt the arm on. The mover brackets that accept these have a spot to mount the arm to, and in my opinion, look much cleaner.

03-06 the mirrors changed, to a single unit to which you cannot unbolt the arm (actually, you can, but it's a PITA and it wasn't designed to come un-done). The mover brackets for these are what was shown, and you simply un-bolt the whole assembly from the door and bolt it on to the bracket. Kinda goofy lookin, but it gets the job done.

I have 03+ mirrors, witht he pictured brackets. I hate how goofy they look (but i love the position of the driver's side mirror now). I will soon be using a pre 03 mirror and mover bracket, saving the "newer" mirrors for the winter when the doors stay on.
BS87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-10-2008, 11:21 PM   #788
cal45acp
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I built these mirror relocators for next to nothing. Copied from ones i found on Quadratec.com.
http://s23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...t=100_2835.jpg
http://s23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...t=100_2834.jpg
Unread 04-10-2008, 11:22 PM   #789
Keelentime
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cal45acp View Post
I built these mirror relocators for next to nothing. Copied from ones i found on Quadratec.com.

clicky no worky

[QUOTE=robncar;5113545]It took me a while to realize urine was yellow and shouldn't have blood in it[/QUOTE]
Keelentime is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-10-2008, 11:42 PM   #790
Rubi22
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cal45acp View Post

No clickery..
Rubi22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-10-2008, 11:49 PM   #791
Keelentime
2003 TJ Wrangler 

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Me likey

[QUOTE=robncar;5113545]It took me a while to realize urine was yellow and shouldn't have blood in it[/QUOTE]
Keelentime is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-11-2008, 05:08 AM   #792
Matt Graham
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BS87 View Post
To Clarify-

There are 2 types of mirrors and two types of mover brackets:

97-02 have the regualr old jeep mirrors, that you can unbolt the arm on. The mover brackets that accept these have a spot to mount the arm to, and in my opinion, look much cleaner.

03-06 the mirrors changed, to a single unit to which you cannot unbolt the arm (actually, you can, but it's a PITA and it wasn't designed to come un-done). The mover brackets for these are what was shown, and you simply un-bolt the whole assembly from the door and bolt it on to the bracket. Kinda goofy lookin, but it gets the job done.

I have 03+ mirrors, witht he pictured brackets. I hate how goofy they look (but i love the position of the driver's side mirror now). I will soon be using a pre 03 mirror and mover bracket, saving the "newer" mirrors for the winter when the doors stay on.
now it makes sense.....thanks for clearing that up!
Unread 04-11-2008, 06:23 AM   #793
neZZr
Lifted/Locked/Rolled/Sunk

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cal45acp
Nice!

May I suggest, put a sleeve between the upper & lower tabs so you can tighten the nut without it pulling the tabs together. This will also help keep the nut from coming loose.

I'll be Savvy someday!
neZZr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-11-2008, 12:15 PM   #794
wheelinman03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tufftoy View Post
So what you're sayin is that you didn't make this but you had a shop build it?
98 TJ- Kilby gastank/ steering box skids, Sky jacker high clearance tcace skid, 1'' BL, M.O.R.E. 1" MM's, Poison spyder rocker guards and sport cage, Warn XD9000i on A to Z fab Winch plate, RE 2" BB, Nth Diff slider, Quick disco's, PSC Rock Ring, JB Conversions Super short SYE kit, and a burly CV Drive shaft.

LOTS more to come

I wave, Do you?
wheelinman03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-11-2008, 01:09 PM   #795
Bandicoot
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelinman03 View Post
So what you're sayin is that you didn't make this but you had a shop build it?
I think he made it and then sent it out for powdercoat. The $400 cost is probably parts and powdercoat - cheaper than buying one of similar craftsmanship, plus it's custom. Very nice!
Bandicoot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
home made , homemade , tj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.