I made a _____ for my TJ! (post your homemade Jeep stuff here) - Page 52 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > I made a _____ for my TJ! (post your homemade Jeep stuff here)

USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all JKS Products @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 04-08-2008, 07:09 PM   #766
Matt Graham
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tufftoy View Post
Here is my custom fabbed rear bumper
[IMG][/IMG]
I love the clean wiring job. Is that for a 3rd brake light? I couldn't tell exactly in the picture if there was one in the center of the wheel.

Also, I've never seen the shock on there, but that looks like a good idea. Have you found it useful?

How much money do you think you have in the whole thing (if you don't mind me asking ) Great job.

Unread 04-08-2008, 10:09 PM   #767
iBkickinit

Love the bumper, very clean. Where did you get the hinge for the swing away. yours looks very clean with the bearing cap.
iBkickinit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-08-2008, 11:06 PM   #768
hawaii
2001 XJ Cherokee 

He even has a shock/strut for the swing away! Talk about detail.
hawaii is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-09-2008, 02:17 AM   #769
Trombino
1978 CJ7 

I like that idea. Not only helps open it, but keeps it from swinging wide. I might have to tack a couple pieces of steel on my LoD carrier and add something similar.
'78 CJ7 -- Chevy 350 SBC, Holley 4-BBL, TH700R4, B&M Performance Shifter, Dana 300 w/ Twin Sticks, 3" Shackle Lift, 3" Body Lift, D30 Front (Disc), AMC 20 Rear w/ Moser 1-Piece, 4.10's, 35x12.50/15 General Grabber MT's, Cragar Soft 8's (15x8 w/ 4" BS)
Trombino is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-09-2008, 09:05 PM   #770
Keelentime
2003 TJ Wrangler 

[QUOTE= AtoZ Fabrication has a lot of premade parts for bumper fab. Thatís where I got my hinge and clevis mounts. [/QUOTE]

Thanks, The pivot for the carrier was what I was most concerned about. I had considered hacking a trailer hub, or something similar, but this takes all the guess work out. I will be calling up A to Z Fab for sure

[QUOTE=robncar;5113545]It took me a while to realize urine was yellow and shouldn't have blood in it[/QUOTE]
Keelentime is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-09-2008, 09:07 PM   #771
Keelentime
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tufftoy View Post
Here is my custom fabbed rear bumper

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Great work on the bumper..... Plus I had to give props to a fellow Ida-HO

[QUOTE=robncar;5113545]It took me a while to realize urine was yellow and shouldn't have blood in it[/QUOTE]
Keelentime is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-09-2008, 09:56 PM   #772
RallyeX
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I added some mirror re-locating brackets for when I remove the doors. The door straps are too long and the door hits the mirrors.

SO I made some titanium brackets to move the stock brackets forward so the door doesn't hit the mirrors.

RallyeX

Mirrors and bracket

RallyeX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-10-2008, 03:45 AM   #773
Matt Graham
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RallyeX View Post
I added some mirror re-locating brackets for when I remove the doors. The door straps are too long and the door hits the mirrors.

SO I made some titanium brackets to move the stock brackets forward so the door doesn't hit the mirrors.

RallyeX

Mirrors and bracket

no click for your pics & btw, I believe the lower portion of that mirror should be removed to correctly mount to your bracket! It looks kinda funny spaced out like that
Unread 04-10-2008, 08:45 AM   #774
Disconnect
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Graham View Post
no click for your pics & btw, I believe the lower portion of that mirror should be removed to correctly mount to your bracket! It looks kinda funny spaced out like that
I've got the same ones, they are for putting totally-unchanged stock mirrors on w/o doors. (Kinda a pita actually, i'm prolly gonna get rid of them this summer. But it has 2 big advantages - its cheap cuz you already have mirrors, and it works w/ and w/o doors.) Passenger side is basically useless, but driver side is ok for me (and doesn't hit the door - i prolly have it rotated one click farther out than the OP)
Disconnect is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-10-2008, 10:02 AM   #775
Matt Graham
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disconnect View Post
I've got the same ones, they are for putting totally-unchanged stock mirrors on w/o doors. (Kinda a pita actually, i'm prolly gonna get rid of them this summer. But it has 2 big advantages - its cheap cuz you already have mirrors, and it works w/ and w/o doors.) Passenger side is basically useless, but driver side is ok for me (and doesn't hit the door - i prolly have it rotated one click farther out than the OP)
I understand how they work. I had some on a '98 TJ I owned a few years ago. However, he has them installed with the bottom portion of the mirror still attached. The way I understand it and the way they worked on my TJ, they are designed to use the factory mirror, but you are supposed to unbolt the mirror and arm from the bracket that attaches to the door. Then you bolt just the mirror and the arm to the new bracket.

Anyone else see what I see? Maybe I'm looking at the picture wrong. . . . .
Unread 04-10-2008, 10:15 AM   #776
canjeeps
TJ Wrangler 

put some 3/4" spacers on to get a little more lift.
Unread 04-10-2008, 11:44 AM   #777
Disconnect
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Graham View Post
The way I understand it and the way they worked on my TJ, they are designed to use the factory mirror, but you are supposed to unbolt the mirror and arm from the bracket that attaches to the door. Then you bolt just the mirror and the arm to the new bracket.

Anyone else see what I see? Maybe I'm looking at the picture wrong. . . . .
http://www.quadratec.com/products/13125_02.htm

They just have 3 holes in the same spacing as the door holes, and 3 nut/bolt sets.

I think you are talking about the ones from http://www.links4jeeps.com/writeups/..._mirrormovers/ which looks a lot nicer. (http://www.quadratec.com/products/13125_00.htm)
Disconnect is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-10-2008, 01:15 PM   #778
JeepsGoTopless
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Wow, cool ideas on here! I went through all the pages hoping to find one thing though. A homemade "sunrider" or "fliptop" in a factory or replace-a-top! I found one way to do it: http://www.stu-offroad.com/otherwrit.../sunroof-1.htm

But I think there has to be a way w/o cutting the factory hardware, or something. Anyone try this yet?!
JeepsGoTopless is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-10-2008, 03:13 PM   #779
jeepguylj
2005 LJ Wrangler 

door storage cart.

Well my dad had some 2x4 wood laying around at the side of the house so i decided to make a door storage cart, I didn't want to pay $140. I had help from my dad cause he didn't like the first one I had made so this is what the finish product looks like.

Total amount $0.

jeepguylj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-10-2008, 03:16 PM   #780
Matt Graham
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepguylj View Post
Well my dad had some 2x4 wood laying around at the side of the house so i decided to make a door storage cart, I didn't want to pay $140. I had help from my dad cause he didn't like the first one I had made so this is what the finish product looks like.

Total amount $0.

no click for your pics

Tags
home made , homemade , tj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.