I made a _____ for my TJ! (post your homemade Jeep stuff here) - Page 50 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > I made a _____ for my TJ! (post your homemade Jeep stuff here)

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Reply
Unread 03-31-2008, 06:38 PM   #736
muskyslayr
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Brainerd Minnesota
Posts: 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by bman9089 View Post
well, that rear bumper really is nice. What are the pins on the opposite sides for?
Those are the hinges of the swingaway spare. I can swing it either way or pull the pins and remove the whole thing...something different.

__________________
www.law4x4.com
muskyslayr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2008, 08:05 PM   #737
bman9089
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 12,791
Quote:
Originally Posted by muskyslayr View Post
Those are the hinges of the swingaway spare. I can swing it either way or pull the pins and remove the whole thing...something different.
You know, that's what I thought it was. Excellent design right there!
__________________


"The American Republic will endure, until politicians realize they can bribe the people with their own money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville

“Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it” -- Mark Twain

† Christian Jeep Club †
Romans 12:5 | 1 Peter 3:15 | Matthew 9:37-38
bman9089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2008, 09:35 AM   #738
klimb2xs
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Iowa
Posts: 494
Here are some pics of the tummy tuck I did over the weekend.


Some welding in progress.


__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by walldk View Post
Step away from from the vehicle and seek professional help.
klimb2xs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2008, 11:07 AM   #739
Neoxxis
Registered User
2007 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Ste-Therese, Qc
Posts: 386
Very nice stuff... Read through all 50 pages! Got at least 10 ideas now!
Neoxxis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2008, 09:24 PM   #740
BozoWise
Registered User
2001 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Lubbock
Posts: 736
Quote:
Originally Posted by klimb2xs View Post
Here are some pics of the tummy tuck I did over the weekend.


Some welding in progress.


One of the nicest ones I have seen to date! Great job, love the counter sinks. Now you need to get a SYE and trash those ugly spacers

I can't tell if the bolts are perfectly flush, but you might want to build some guards. I destroyed a few on my last one before I learned my lesson. Cut some larger washers out of plate that still allow a socket to fit on them. Similar to what I did here around the zerk fittings that always get ripped off.
img_1426-medium-.jpg  
__________________
My 1 ton TJ build project "Evil Monkey": [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=423989[/url]
BozoWise is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2008, 10:17 PM   #741
Keelentime
Registered User
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Salmon, ID
Posts: 187
GREAT thread.... I wish I had 1/2 the fabricating talent of you guys!
__________________
Just Keele-n-time.........

[QUOTE=robncar;5113545]It took me a while to realize urine was yellow and shouldn't have blood in it[/QUOTE]
Keelentime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2008, 07:19 AM   #742
klimb2xs
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Iowa
Posts: 494
Quote:
Originally Posted by BozoWise View Post
One of the nicest ones I have seen to date! Great job, love the counter sinks. Now you need to get a SYE and trash those ugly spacers

I can't tell if the bolts are perfectly flush, but you might want to build some guards. I destroyed a few on my last one before I learned my lesson. Cut some larger washers out of plate that still allow a socket to fit on them. Similar to what I did here around the zerk fittings that always get ripped off.
Thanks for the props. The bolts are perfectly flush with the plate, so no worries about deforming the bolts. A SYE is on my list as is a home built long arm lift.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by walldk View Post
Step away from from the vehicle and seek professional help.
klimb2xs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2008, 02:54 PM   #743
Scotch740
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Charlottesville VA
Posts: 2,327
I made some Sway bar disconnects.


More pics in my thread in the Fab section.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f37/better-home-brew-disconnects-538245/
Scotch740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2008, 06:43 PM   #744
Keelentime
Registered User
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Salmon, ID
Posts: 187
Scotch740, I have been following your thread in the fab section.... Great work!!!
__________________
Just Keele-n-time.........

[QUOTE=robncar;5113545]It took me a while to realize urine was yellow and shouldn't have blood in it[/QUOTE]
Keelentime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2008, 06:59 PM   #745
prd_cdn
Web Wheeler
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: !!
Posts: 1,048
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotch740 View Post
I made some Sway bar disconnects.


More pics in my thread in the Fab section.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=538245
Really Awesome Work.. Totally Coll !!
prd_cdn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2008, 12:42 AM   #746
Texasjeeper86
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: newport news virgina
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artea View Post
I finally got some pics of the bumper I built 2 months ago. Everyone builds their own front bumper, but I figured I might as well add to this thread with mine as well. I am working on the rear bumper/tire carrier, so I will post pics for those when I finish. Good work everyone, I am really impressed with some of the things I have seen here.


looks great dude where i come from in Texas you got to have a bumper that mean to stop the deer from trying to ride you hood. what size steel did you use
Texasjeeper86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2008, 12:44 AM   #747
Texasjeeper86
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: newport news virgina
Posts: 7
bumper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artea View Post
I finally got some pics of the bumper I built 2 months ago. Everyone builds their own front bumper, but I figured I might as well add to this thread with mine as well. I am working on the rear bumper/tire carrier, so I will post pics for those when I finish. Good work everyone, I am really impressed with some of the things I have seen here.


looks great dude where i come from in Texas you got to have a bumper that mean to stop the deer from trying to ride you hood. what size steel did you use
Texasjeeper86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2008, 03:42 PM   #748
ArmyFireFighter
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Sackets Harbor, NY
Posts: 540
Doors off mirror

Made it out of a broken Hemmit mirror arm, and a 6 dollar mirror from Autozone. then painted it black.

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/l...ril2008175.jpg
ArmyFireFighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2008, 07:30 PM   #749
1BadTJ
Registered User
2001 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: in front of my computer, DUH.
Posts: 926
homemade cargo rack

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...=1#post5052151

__________________
Dont Mess with Techno Viking
1BadTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2008, 09:06 PM   #750
ThomasW
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Greenville, SC
Posts: 288
That's awesome! Great job man. Wish I never used my backseat, I'd definitely do something that cool.
__________________
1999 White TJ Sport:
3'' lift, JK 32" BFG KM's on 17" JK Moabs, Auto, 4.11's, 2 pairs of Hella 500's,
Cobra CB w/ PA, Warn m6000, Flowmaster 40, SpyderWeb ShadeTop, Viking Fastback Top
{My Jeep on flickr} {Build Thread} {Viking Fastback Top Review}
ThomasW is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
home made , homemade , tj
Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.