I made a _____ for my TJ! (post your homemade Jeep stuff here) - Page 49 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > I made a _____ for my TJ! (post your homemade Jeep stuff here)

Disc Brake Kits from ECGSECGS JK Dana 60 Bolt In Rear DiffGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 03-29-2008, 05:35 AM   #721
bebout
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy R View Post
Over the past week and a half I made a front long arm suspension. In a couple weeks I'll start on the rear.

I read the buildup. Great stuff.

bebout is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2008, 06:12 PM   #722
xjeepn
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Bump for a great thread.
05 X with 4.0 auto with 3" Full Traction Lift with 3/4 spacers up front, Warn M8000 winch, Hella 500 driving lights, Cobra CB with Wilson 4 ft antenna, 48" Highlift Jack, tow hooks on all corners, 2 fire ext, 4 ft shovel, some recovery gear, AEM cold air intake dry filter and riding on 33 x 12.5 Pro Comp All terrains.
xjeepn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2008, 07:10 PM   #723
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Tool pouch for the essentials I might need when driving around but don't want to lug my whole toolbox:

I used the large bag from this set I had bought. Some velcro patches attach it to the front side of the left rear wheelwell. It's out of the way but easy to get to, and fairly inconsipcuous to help avoid it being stolen when the top is down. I keep pliers, screw drivers, 1/4 ratchet, torx set, small flashlight, and an adjustable wrench in it. It also makes a convenient place to store small things like the nuts from the bottom of the door hinges.

When the seat is all the way back, there is about 1" of clearance between it and the pouch:

It's not fancy, but cheap and effective. Less than $15 for everything.
default is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2008, 07:45 PM   #724
singleshot
2003 TJ Wrangler 

power for relocation license plate light bracket

Can't post pics.... I purchased the LED 3rd brake light/license plate light that places the license in the middle of the spare tire. I went down and junk yarded another contact set and placed it directly over the top of the existing one and ran a single wire over to the contact on the body from the running lights on the passenger tail light. Sorry for the poor pics, but ya get the idea.

license plate relocation
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2414/...9d3ba754_b.jpg
body contacts (bottom two are the 3rd brake, top single is the plate light
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2132/...691b60f7_b.jpg
additional bracket (haven't got another cover yet, but it's coming)
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2010/...f3b26bd5_b.jpg

The kit came prewired with three wires (two powers with a joint ground). So this cleanly takes care of the wiring w/o having any extra exterior wires exposed and in harms way.
Unread 03-30-2008, 07:57 PM   #725
Therou

Quote:
Originally Posted by singleshot View Post
Can't post pics.... I purchased the LED 3rd brake light/license plate light that places the license in the middle of the spare tire. I went down and junk yarded another contact set and placed it directly over the top of the existing one and ran a single wire over to the contact on the body from the running lights on the passenger tail light. Sorry for the poor pics, but ya get the idea.

license plate relocation

body contacts (bottom two are the 3rd brake, top single is the plate light

additional bracket (haven't got another cover yet, but it's coming)

The kit came prewired with three wires (two powers with a joint ground). So this cleanly takes care of the wiring w/o having any extra exterior wires exposed and in harms way.
clickfree by me for you... long enough yet?
Green Jeep Club Member #190
NGJC #8
Canadian Jeep Club Member #15
Stock Jeep Member #55
www.therou.ca
Therou is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2008, 10:00 PM   #726
2006LJRubicon
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Junk yard

Thats Sweet!I want to do something like that. I have been to several junkyards and havent found the first Jeep
Unread 03-31-2008, 01:02 PM   #727
TEXAIR
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Modified my Auto Tranny skid plate. The DS hit the plate after I installed the lift. I saw this on another forum and decided to do it myself. Only took about 4 hour to complete.

Fabbed and ready for the install

Installed

TEXAIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2008, 01:16 PM   #728
Matt Graham
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXAIR View Post
Modified my Auto Tranny skid plate. The DS hit the plate after I installed the lift. I saw this on another forum and decided to do it myself. Only took about 4 hour to complete.

Fabbed and ready for the install

Installed

no-cliky..........
Unread 03-31-2008, 01:57 PM   #729
TEXAIR
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the No Clicky.
TEXAIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2008, 02:43 PM   #730
muskyslayr
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I built this front bumper a while back.

And here's the rear.

I made some mirror brackets to run with no doors... I had to gom old school on the passenger side so I could see the mirror through the windshield.

I built some rock sliders, I think you can see them in the first pic but they weren't painted yet...oh yeah, they're gold too...

Oh yeah, and you can see the high lift mounts on the hood in the mirror pic... I've been a busy busy boy.
Unread 03-31-2008, 02:50 PM   #731
Therou

Quote:
Originally Posted by muskyslayr View Post
I built this front bumper a while back.

And here's the rear.

I made some mirror brackets to run with no doors... I had to gom old school on the passenger side so I could see the mirror through the windshield.

I built some rock sliders, I think you can see them in the first pic but they weren't painted yet...oh yeah, they're gold too...

Oh yeah, and you can see the high lift mounts on the hood in the mirror pic... I've been a busy busy boy.
click free again.
Green Jeep Club Member #190
NGJC #8
Canadian Jeep Club Member #15
Stock Jeep Member #55
www.therou.ca
Therou is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2008, 03:05 PM   #732
bman9089
2005 TJ Wrangler 

nice job muskyslayr, or should I say, goldmember.

"The American Republic will endure, until politicians realize they can bribe the people with their own money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville

“Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it” -- Mark Twain

† Christian Jeep Club †
Romans 12:5 | 1 Peter 3:15 | Matthew 9:37-38
bman9089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2008, 03:43 PM   #733
JEEP97TJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Dang those bumpers look awesome, ever thought of producing and selling some?
Unread 03-31-2008, 04:18 PM   #734
muskyslayr
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEEP97TJ View Post
Dang those bumpers look awesome, ever thought of producing and selling some?
I used to build them back when I had my Zuk... If you look at the pic of the front bumper you'll see what's left of my bumper business. ibuiltbumpers.com. I sold quite a few of 'em on ebay... Had a website, the whole works. But then it got to be more of a pain than it was worth and I already have a job...ha ha
Unread 03-31-2008, 04:50 PM   #735
bman9089
2005 TJ Wrangler 

well, that rear bumper really is nice. What are the pins on the opposite sides for?

"The American Republic will endure, until politicians realize they can bribe the people with their own money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville

“Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it” -- Mark Twain

† Christian Jeep Club †
Romans 12:5 | 1 Peter 3:15 | Matthew 9:37-38
bman9089 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
home made , homemade , tj

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.