I made a _____ for my TJ! (post your homemade Jeep stuff here) - Page 27 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > I made a _____ for my TJ! (post your homemade Jeep stuff here)

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 01-06-2008, 09:04 PM   #391
JeepRocks86
Some Call me RockDog

2003 TJ Wrangler 

I didn't do this but a lady in my club built this for her samurai. I know it's not a jeep and I didn't do it, but I thought it was really cool and would pass it along

I finally got my Hobart 187 wired and working woo hoo

My TJ Build Thread.
www.kifourwheelers.com
For Sale:
TJ Rear Dana 44 shaftsfor sale
3 11"& 2 13" BBCS shocks

JeepRocks86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-06-2008, 10:51 PM   #392
mustangtoby
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Try to get some pics soon. not quite at 50 posts yet.
Built front bumper
Built wich plate for bumper
Built rear bumper, also with tire carrier
Added a rear cooler rack above spare tire with quick release pins, CB ant mount also on rear tire carrier
Built rocker protection, bolted solid to body, with intagrated nerf bars

Once you start, you never stop.
mustangtoby is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-06-2008, 11:02 PM   #393
PBR
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangtoby
Try to get some pics soon. not quite at 50 posts yet.
Built front bumper
Built wich plate for bumper
Built rear bumper, also with tire carrier
Added a rear cooler rack above spare tire with quick release pins, CB ant mount also on rear tire carrier
Built rocker protection, bolted solid to body, with intagrated nerf bars

Once you start, you never stop.
true that man! JEEP= just empty every pocket!
PBR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-08-2008, 12:17 PM   #394
chappy84
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Hard wired and mounted sirius, added custom revers lights and wired up my own Spod.

Unread 01-08-2008, 04:56 PM   #395
Red2001sport

Are thos easy to wire up

Are those easy to wire up? Im looking to add some reverse and underground lights that i can put on separate switches, doable?
Red2001sport is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-08-2008, 05:20 PM   #396
chappy84
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red2001sport
Are those easy to wire up? Im looking to add some reverse and underground lights that i can put on separate switches, doable?
Yes, vary doable Check out www.stu-offroad.com Whe you get to his home page click on the "electrical" icon and read up! Stu's web site is full of amazing info for any do it yourselfer's.
Unread 01-11-2008, 10:08 PM   #397
UTmike
2002 TJ Wrangler 

On Board Misting System And Faucet

I got this idea from someone else on the forum here but I added a faucet to it. I built this while living in Texas where it's quite a bit hotter than here in MO. The water supply is a jerry can on the tire carrier, and I used a RV water pump that shoots out the faucet at 45psi and 3 gallons per minute. Two of the misters use .75 gallons/hour each, and the other two use 1 gallon/hour each. So the tank of water last me a long time.

This shows the four bolts holding the pump on the opposite side of the wheel where there's a large empy space.
misting-002.jpg

This is the water pump
misting-003.jpg

This is the mister. I've since cut that zip tie and straightened things out a bit
misting-016.jpg

I wired the pump up to a switch so I can turn it on or off with the flick of the switch in the cab. The other two switches I wired at the same time were for my front a rear spot lights.
mist-005.jpg

mist-006.jpg
4.5" RE SF Lift, 1" BL, 35" Cooper Discoverer STT, Lockrite Locker, 8.8 Rear, AA SYE, Tom Woods DS, Sliders, Skids, Bumpers, Rear Stinger, RockCrusher Diff Covers, 8000# Winch, Herc'd Tub, Homemade Deck Cover, On Board Misting System and Faucet
UTmike is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-11-2008, 10:11 PM   #398
06flex
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chappy84
Yes, vary doable Check out www.stu-offroad.com Whe you get to his home page click on the "electrical" icon and read up! Stu's web site is full of amazing info for any do it yourselfer's.
While you are there might want to look around and then make a small donation to keep this great site running
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
You didn't correct the problem, you only worked around the real problem.
06flex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-11-2008, 10:12 PM   #399
UTmike
2002 TJ Wrangler 

This is the faucet that shoots out at 45psi. It's since been secured to the body lift mount.
mist-016.jpg

mist-021.jpg
4.5" RE SF Lift, 1" BL, 35" Cooper Discoverer STT, Lockrite Locker, 8.8 Rear, AA SYE, Tom Woods DS, Sliders, Skids, Bumpers, Rear Stinger, RockCrusher Diff Covers, 8000# Winch, Herc'd Tub, Homemade Deck Cover, On Board Misting System and Faucet
Unread 01-11-2008, 10:35 PM   #400
UTmike
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Hard deck cover

I recently replaced my Bestop deck cover with a home made hard deck cover to give me a place to lock stuff up. I haven't had my back seat in the jeep since I bought it so no loss there. I have two 2x4s going across in between the sides for support and used a marine grade vinyl to cover it with.
59.jpg

I put a lip on the front to keep the water that collects on it from running into the cab
61.jpg

I built it to fit with the top on so I can put the full top on during the winter still
65.jpg
Unread 01-11-2008, 10:39 PM   #401
UTmike
2002 TJ Wrangler 

This is the front that I built. The hinges are sturdy but aren't strong enough to withstand someone prying them off. But it's a pretty good deterrent
55.jpg

I made a sliding door so I can throw my backpack or whatever else I have with me in there quick and easy without pulling the passenger seat forward.
56.jpg

And then I made the whole thing to fold foward so I can load large things in
57.jpg
Unread 01-12-2008, 07:11 PM   #402
BradG
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTmike
This is the front that I built. The hinges are sturdy but aren't strong enough to withstand someone prying them off. But it's a pretty good deterrent
Attachment 41961

I made a sliding door so I can throw my backpack or whatever else I have with me in there quick and easy without pulling the passenger seat forward.
Attachment 41962

And then I made the whole thing to fold foward so I can load large things in
Attachment 41963
Dude... how much you want for putting one of those in my jeep?
2003 TJ X Silver | 31x10.50x15 BFG A/Ts | 10k front tow hooks, factory rear tow hook | 2" coil spacers | Cobra 19 with RatShack 102" stainless whip on an Arizona RockyRoad tire carrier mount | Kilby Steering Box Skid | AtoZ Fabrication Rock Sliders | Olympic Slider Rear Bumper w Receiver | Skid Row Engine/Oil/Tranny skid (still sitting in my living room)
BradG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-12-2008, 09:24 PM   #403
matts65ss
1997 TJ Wrangler 

man this is an awsome thread!!!!!!!

has anyone made some quick disconnects for the front sway bar?
matts65ss is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-12-2008, 09:46 PM   #404
BaddAndy
2013 JK Wrangler 

Today I made seat risers using 1 1/4" square tube between the seat frame and sliders. 8 hours, and I was even doing it by a thread on the Rubi Forum a guy at work put up. A pain in the ***, but 10 times better than just the blocks.
I made discos by taking off the axle side bolt, drilling a hole at the end for a pin, cutting the excess off, then securing the bolt with the stock nut cut in half. Slide on a washer, then link, another washer, pin, then done.

http://www.******************.com/ph...d4db0eac7339fc

I got part way through my homebuilt seat lift today and just wanted to say "holy cr@p! There's carpet under all that soil!" My wife suggested that while I had all the seats out to take the opportunity to vacuum out the inside and wow!

I read all the previous posts regarding how to proceed towards correcting DC's error with setting the seat height. In the end, I went to Home Depot and bought a couple 4' lengths of 1 1/4" square tubing, end caps, 12 - 3/8" x 2 1/2" bolts, 12 - Nylon lock nuts, Primer, and Paint. I'm putting the tubing between the seat riser and the sliders, instead of a under-the-bracket spacer like the on-line kit you can buy. This is a personal choice that will hopefully end up a clean install with an OEM look.

Here's the supplies I purchased:

Two 4' lengths of 1 1/4" square tubing. I might raise the back seat with the left over steel, not sure right now.

It comes oily, so I cleaned it up with some carb cleaner and paper towels.

I bought lots of extra paint so I can do the wheels next. Rustoleum Auto Sand-able Black Primer and Satin Black.

Here's the end caps that will help finish it off, make sure you get the right size for your tubes and enough for both ends on both seats, 8 in my case.

Here's the progress so far:

The seat and slider before disassembly:
From the side:

...and from in front of the driver's seat:

Here's the stock view of the seats from the side:

First, I removed the seats.

(This is when my wife reminded me to clean the interior) It's a little tough if you don't have a ratcheting 1/2" box wrench. I was lucky. You won't get a normal socket at 4 of the 6 nuts per seat, so just go buy or borrow one. I guess your other alternative is a normal wrench, but you'll go insane before you get the seats out.
Also, you'll need to unplug the seat sensor harness on the driver's side and seat slider cable from the passenger side - both are easy.

Once I removed the seats, I had to knock out the 'bolts' that were wedged into the sliders.

A few good whacks with a hammer did the trick. They WILL come out, have faith!

It was then time to measure all the holes I'll need to drill and the length to cut the tube.
I went with the length of the sliders. It's longer than the length of the seat brackets, but I think it'll look good when it's done. Also, I can always cut them shorter later if I want. The length I used was 16 1/4" for all 4 tubes. I then had to measure out and cut holes for not only the 3 bolts per tube, but also for the 'rivet bolts' that protrude from the seat riser and stay installed. All I did was measure out where they were on the top of the tube and drill 1/2" holes so that they could countersink and I'd end up with a flush fit.

Sorry that there's no picture, but from the front to back the measurements are as follows:
Passenger Side Tubes:
15/16" - Seat bolt hole, 1/2", drill through top and bottom
4 1/16" - 'Rivet Bolt' hole, 1/2", drill only top
10 3/8" - Seat bolt hole, 1/2", drill through top and bottom
13 3/8" - 'Rivet Bolt' hole, 1/2", drill only top
14 1/8" - Seat bolt hole, 1/2", drill through top and bottom

Driver's Side Tubes:
15/16" - Seat bolt hole, 1/2", drill through top and bottom
4 1/16" - 'Rivet Bolt' hole, 1/2", drill only top
10 3/8" - Seat bolt hole, 1/2", drill through top and bottom
13 3/8" - Seat bolt hole, 1/2", drill through top and bottom

I chose 1/2" holes because I don't have a drill press and I'm not perfect. If you have a press, change all holes to a 7/16" or 3/8" - it'll depend on which bolts you end up with.

The new longer bolts wont easily go into the seat rails...

...so I angled in a 3/8" bit to elongate the holes, then tested to make sure it worked.

Afterwards I cleaned them up with the dremel tool and shot some black paint on the holes to help prevent rust.

After drilling the tubes and cleaning them up with a Dremel tool as well, I painted them with two coats of primer and two coats of paint. They're drying right now, but so far they look great! The picture doesn't do them justice!
Unread 01-13-2008, 11:50 AM   #405
lupien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi22
CB Antenna Mount... $12 worth of flat steel, bent to fit, and is actually very sturdy (drove 24 hours on the highway after the install)

Hey Rubi22,

Just wondering how did you bend that peice of flat stock? Do you have someking of bender or do you just use a vice and bang it till it bends?

Thanks
( )_)( )_)-----)_)

--o-0-o00o--000-00o-000-00-0-0
lupien is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
home made , homemade , tj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.