I made a _____ for my TJ! (post your homemade Jeep stuff here) - Page 239 - JeepForum.com
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #3571 of 3576 Old 02-27-2017, 12:33 PM
grininmonkey
2004 TJ Wrangler 

So far I made my own overhead rail to hold CB and M.O.L.L.E pouches. I keep a rip-away First Aid pouch in all the time and snap in a flashlight when on the road. I was wanting to get the Smitty overhead, but didn't feel like they were worth the money, so I turned on the welder and grabbed some flat and tiny square and kept it simple.

Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20170216_103030132_HDR.jpg  
NHfireLJ, Raist11 and xxdabroxx like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3572 of 3576 Old 02-27-2017, 01:58 PM
toximus
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badonkadonkey View Post
Drilled the dash and added a 3.5mm aux input for the stock stereo using the cd changer wiring harness input with one of the blitzsafe harnesses from amazon for ~$70.

Including the rca to 3.5mm cable, female to female coupler, and the box of rubber grommets it all came out to about $85 all said and done.

Attachment 1037089
Super old now, but is there a write up on this? I had looked into doing this years ago and didn't find a way. I ended up swapping to a tape deck and playing tunes through it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3573 of 3576 Old 02-27-2017, 02:18 PM
NHfireLJ
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by toximus View Post
Super old now, but is there a write up on this? I had looked into doing this years ago and didn't find a way. I ended up swapping to a tape deck and playing tunes through it.

Just buy a new head unit. Most come w USB, 3.5 inputs either front or rear. Some decent head units for $80 bucks... I just got one, factory reburb for $125 from Crutchfield with dual USBs and 3.5 and IPOD control.

Crutchfield gives you the OEM harness adapter for free

AUDREY...95 YJ UNLIMITED

LUCY...2005 Unlimited "LJ" Rubicon Sahara #495 Build thread.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
SOLD

BETTY...94 SE, Stroker 4.6, 4.5,lift,35"s,D30 Aussie, 8.8. SOLD

YJOTM FEB 2013

post #3574 of 3576 Old 02-27-2017, 06:03 PM
toximus
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHfireLJ View Post
Just buy a new head unit. Most come w USB, 3.5 inputs either front or rear. Some decent head units for $80 bucks... I just got one, factory reburb for $125 from Crutchfield with dual USBs and 3.5 and IPOD control.

Crutchfield gives you the OEM harness adapter for free
I like how the OEM fits and isn't flashy with colored lights.

post #3575 of 3576 Old 02-27-2017, 09:21 PM
FireMedic82
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by toximus View Post

I like how the OEM fits and isn't flashy with colored lights.
Same here! Hopefully he'll shed some light on it for us. I've been wondering how to do that. I know you can use an FM modulator style, but my experiences with those were not good. In and out static drove me crazy.

Throw the photoshoppers a bone and post your executed mods, we would like to see the after pics. Copy and paste the url. http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f59/executed-photoshop-mods-1417032/
post #3576 of 3576 Old 02-28-2017, 09:54 PM
ShapeShifter
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Made a swing out tire carrier support clamp latch thing.

I like the size and style of my cheap Smittybuilt bumper/carrier but you get what you pay for. A 35" BFG spare, jerry cans, and a cargo rack are just too much for it. But to make it last as long as I can, I stopped the forward/backward deflection by making the toggle clamp as high as possible. The clamp is through bolted with a large backing plate on the inside. Now it is very solid and does not deflect at all. This may extend the life of the bumper a for few more seasons of crawling. The clamp will get painted black.

TJBoomer likes this.

Tags
home made , homemade , tj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.