I made a _____ for my TJ! (post your homemade Jeep stuff here) - Page 232 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > I made a _____ for my TJ! (post your homemade Jeep stuff here)

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsSavvy/Currie Aluminum Control Arms

Unread 01-07-2014, 05:41 PM   #3466
AZSobo
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Location: Somewhere in the desert west of New Mexico and east of California., AZ
Both the ideas/builds by Sundown1 and fuzzychicken for rear storage are great, for my application I particularly like Sundowns. I like the idea of having some open storage as well as secure storage. I live in the Phoenix area and could have my top off more than I do but hate thieves, I'm sure all of us have had something walk off from an open vehicle at one time or another. Great job guys.

Unread 01-11-2014, 08:47 PM   #3467
chilito82
2003 TJ Wrangler 

R2D2 Phone Charger

I made a mount for my R2D2 phone charger. I pulled the change tray and cut a piece of plastic to fit him in. When I turn the egnition, R2's head turns, makes movie sounds and can charge 2 phones at one time. I bought him here:
http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/11f0/?srp=1
I'm going to push the cigarette lighter in and but a blank in the hole so I can hide the power wires. I still need to paint the plastic black, but this is pretty much a Star Wars/Jeep nerd's wet dream!
20140111_141738.jpg   20140111_141759.jpg  
chilito82 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-12-2014, 12:55 AM   #3468
Badonkadonkey
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilito82 View Post
I made a mount for my R2D2 phone charger. I pulled the change tray and cut a piece of plastic to fit him in. When I turn the egnition, R2's head turns, makes movie sounds and can charge 2 phones at one time. I bought him here:
http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/11f0/?srp=1
I'm going to push the cigarette lighter in and but a blank in the hole so I can hide the power wires. I still need to paint the plastic black, but this is pretty much a Star Wars/Jeep nerd's wet dream!
Awesome!! Well done!
Unread 01-12-2014, 01:04 PM   #3469
plumber1
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I made some removable side steps, I used some CARR Steps and welded them to some flat plate. Painted them and drilled a couple of holes in them, then drilled and tapped the plate that runs under the tub from by Rock Sliders. Now I just have to remove two 3/8" bolts on each one and I am ready for the trail with nothing hanging down when they are removed.

White Jeep Club #224
plumber1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-25-2014, 07:57 PM   #3470
paththrasher
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I made 2 RotoPax Gas can holders for my LJ. Each one can hold 2 containers. $16 in metal; $18 in hardware (U-bolts, nuts and caps) and since I liked the way they looked, sprung for powder coat, $95.
rotopax3.jpg

rotopax4.jpg

rotopax1.jpg

rotopax2.jpg

paththrasher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-25-2014, 09:05 PM   #3471
IH8PEPL
So glad its not a Fiat

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by paththrasher View Post
I made 2 RotoPax Gas can holders for my LJ. Each one can hold 2 containers. $16 in metal; $18 in hardware (U-bolts, nuts and caps) and since I liked the way they looked, sprung for powder coat, $95.
Damn nice job

WTB: M100/M416 Wiring Harness and Tail Lights
IH8PEPL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-25-2014, 09:26 PM   #3472
apaTJ
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by paththrasher
That's really nice I'm thinking about how to make one because I bought a rotopax gas can like a year ago but I was too cheap to buy their mount so I've just been carrying it. I'm thinking about mounting it flat with the back though because I'm not gonna be running a spare.
apaTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-25-2014, 10:06 PM   #3473
mizzou_fan
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Headlamp Wiring Harness

Finished my headlamp wiring harness tonight. Installing it tomorrow with some braided cable sleeve and some weather proofing at the headlamp connections.
tj-wiring-harness.jpg  
mizzou_fan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-26-2014, 02:57 AM   #3474
Dave02TJ
Web Wheeler

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzou_fan View Post
Finished my headlamp wiring harness tonight. Installing it tomorrow with some braided cable sleeve and some weather proofing at the headlamp connections.
Wow, you really take your headlights seriously.
Dave02TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-27-2014, 02:11 AM   #3475
jgezelin
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Finished building my bumper and tire carrier now to get it powder coated

image-1218635662.jpg
jgezelin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-27-2014, 10:45 PM   #3476
Badonkadonkey
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Drilled the dash and added a 3.5mm aux input for the stock stereo using the cd changer wiring harness input with one of the blitzsafe harnesses from amazon for ~$70.

Including the rca to 3.5mm cable, female to female coupler, and the box of rubber grommets it all came out to about $85 all said and done.

img_20140127_232224.jpg
Unread 01-28-2014, 11:44 AM   #3477
JFcavedweller

1999 TJ Wrangler 

that's a lot of money for basic parts... I would have (I did) just gotten a new radio with the aux input for the same cost. the one I got for my ZJ also has USB and bluetooth and it was only $100
Unread 01-28-2014, 12:54 PM   #3478
MikeyMercier
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I like it, it looks clean & the factory look interior is always best imo for a dd & I made bumperettes for my arb lol best pic I have atm but I just marked and drilled the two holes on each using some chalk, a hammer and the factory bumperettes
image-459036782.jpg

Unread 01-28-2014, 01:43 PM   #3479
Badonkadonkey
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFcavedweller View Post
that's a lot of money for basic parts... I would have (I did) just gotten a new radio with the aux input for the same cost. the one I got for my ZJ also has USB and bluetooth and it was only $100
That was an option, but I'm not a huge fan of aftermarket headunits. I saw one JVC 1.5 din that looked pretty plain with all of the aux options and a similar color to the gauges, but the reviews weren't stellar. The aftermarket flashy LED look a lot of them have just isn't for me. Besides, with the soft top the less attention I draw to the interior of my jeep with a mod the better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyMercier View Post
I like it, it looks clean & the factory look interior is always best imo for a dd & I made bumperettes for my arb lol pics soon
Thanks! I totally agree. I'll post a write up soon.
Unread 01-28-2014, 02:01 PM   #3480
JFcavedweller

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badonkadonkey View Post
That was an option, but I'm not a huge fan of aftermarket headunits. I saw one JVC 1.5 din that looked pretty plain with all of the aux options and a similar color to the gauges, but the reviews weren't stellar. The aftermarket flashy LED look a lot of them have just isn't for me. Besides, with the soft top the less attention I draw to the interior of my jeep with a mod the better.
fair point. and I do like the newer ones a lot more than the older

Tags
home made , homemade , tj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.