I made a _____ for my TJ! (post your homemade Jeep stuff here) - Page 23 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > I made a _____ for my TJ! (post your homemade Jeep stuff here)

1996-1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Header PanelBead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-GearUCF Black Friday Sale

Unread 11-28-2007, 09:55 AM   #331
TJ_ITmgr
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcomf
If you notice when you have wound the coil there is a large empty space through the center where the coolant flows. Well this doesn't allow good heat transfer when most of the coolant just goes through. With baffles that close off the ends it forces the coolant over the coils giving better transfer. Improved efficiency, hotter water.
This is another way of doing it. Years ago a good friend of mine had a old K5 blazer that we used in the local mud trails. We would use it to haul our ATV's as well. The back floorboard was rusted out so we had easy access to the exhaust. We wrapped "x" length of Copper tubing around the exhaust and soldered on some type of threaded connector on each end. One side (input) attached to a 100ft garden hose, filter, and a sump pump (place in water hole of your choice). The other end we attached a cheap shower head with flexible tubing. It worked great for showering off after a cold day riding in the mud! One word of caution: We had to unwrap about half of the copper tubing because it got SOOO hot!! More coils = more heat/ less coils = less heat.

1997 TJ, 4.0, 5 Spd, Low miles, Rough Country 2.5" Suspension Lift, 3in body lift, Mega Short SYE and custom shaft, 33x12.50 Maxxis Bighorns, 15x8 Soft 8's, 8.8 Rear w/LS, HP D30 w/LockRight and 3.73's
TJ_ITmgr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-28-2007, 10:47 AM   #332
dexetr30
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by richharr
theres a write-up on here about mounting a hi-lift like that.
I missed the write up. Great minds think alike, lol. I actually came up with that with the help of a friend.
02 2.5.L automatic: 4.0L t.b., K&N filter, Scream'n Demon coil, 8.5mm MSD Super Conductor plug wires, 29" BFG all terrain KO's. Flex-A-Lite electric fan, Hummer front bumper, Skyjacker high capacity trans pan, Rubi susp, 3/4" Daystar BB.
dexetr30 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-28-2007, 11:23 AM   #333
rubicon4x4
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dexetr30
I modified a surplus HMMWV to fit the front of my TJ.

Made my own rear bumper from 1/4" thick rectangular tubing with weld on D-rings. I'm still learning to weld.

Came up with my own way to mount my Hi-Lift.
Conduit hanger from Home-Depot with a brass wing nut.

Exhaust clamp.

End results:
click free

"Now, we must all fear evil men, but there is another kind of evil, which we must fear most, and that is, the indifference of good men."
rubicon4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-28-2007, 12:50 PM   #334
dexetr30
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks JeepNinja.

Here's one with the bumper installed. I still need to make tabs to tie it into the bottom of the frame rails and possibly the top.

I know it's not the best home built on here but like I said in my initial post, I'm still learning to weld and this is one of my first fab jobs.
02 2.5.L automatic: 4.0L t.b., K&N filter, Scream'n Demon coil, 8.5mm MSD Super Conductor plug wires, 29" BFG all terrain KO's. Flex-A-Lite electric fan, Hummer front bumper, Skyjacker high capacity trans pan, Rubi susp, 3/4" Daystar BB.

Last edited by dexetr30; 11-28-2007 at 01:03 PM..
dexetr30 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-28-2007, 01:20 PM   #335
Rubi22
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dexetr30
Thanks JeepNinja.

Here's one with the bumper installed. I still need to make tabs to tie it into the bottom of the frame rails and possibly the top.

I know it's not the best home built on here but like I said in my initial post, I'm still learning to weld and this is one of my first fab jobs.
Click free again
Rubi22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-28-2007, 03:59 PM   #336
carpekd
2000 TJ Wrangler 

i want more posts!
carpekd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-30-2007, 07:56 AM   #337
wdw
2010 JK Wrangler 

There are a lot of good ideas here.

I would like to see how overhead CB's are mounted.
Unread 12-03-2007, 07:45 AM   #338
Krisfyr
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdw
There are a lot of good ideas here.

I would like to see how overhead CB's are mounted.

bumpity bump
Old Man Emu Shocks and steering stabilizer, Tom Woods Custom Driveshaft
AA SYE, Rokmen Mercenary Front Bumper,L O D Offroad Rear Bumper/tire carrier
Warn 9.5 Ti
Krisfyr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-03-2007, 10:34 PM   #339
draxxuskid693
2000 TJ Wrangler 

2nd that!!!!!!
draxxuskid693 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-04-2007, 12:06 AM   #340
BaddAndy
2013 JK Wrangler 

Simple 1/8x1" bar stock, bent and painted.

Unread 12-04-2007, 12:16 AM   #341
BaddAndy
2013 JK Wrangler 

I wired my Driving lights thru the headlight plug. The switch in the cab controls the ground and the highbeam supplies the switched power to the relay.I wired the sideview fogs the same, but thru the lowbeam. One relay is mounted on the side of the fusebox, and one inside. I have room for one more inside. I don't like power wires running from a switch 6 feet to an underhood relay. I powered the CB, Maplight on the CB, and GPS thru a secondary fusebox behind the glovebox. The 2 wires in the stock fusebox are wired to a 3rd switch on my panel to bypass domelight switch.

Unread 12-04-2007, 07:50 AM   #342
Unlimited04
This post/info=my opinion

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaddAndy
I wired my Driving lights thru the headlight plug. The switch in the cab controls the ground and the highbeam supplies the switched power to the relay.I wired the sideview fogs the same, but thru the lowbeam. One relay is mounted on the side of the fusebox, and one inside. I have room for one more inside. I don't like power wires running from a switch 6 feet to an underhood relay. I powered the CB, Maplight on the CB, and GPS thru a secondary fusebox behind the glovebox. The 2 wires in the stock fusebox are wired to a 3rd switch on my panel to bypass domelight switch.
Nice work. that kinda setup isn't for me, but that is definitely one of the cleanest wiring jobs i've seen.
Unlimited04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-04-2007, 07:57 AM   #343
skeebs
2002 TJ Wrangler 

My home made dome light bypass set up.... A scrap bracket I found in a junk drawer in my workbench and a screw. The main thing to remember is to swivel the bracket up out of the way when you go to put the doors back on. I failed to do this once (not out of laziness, it just slipped my mind to flip 'em up) and broke the light switches on both sides when I closed the doors.....time to hit the junk yard and get 'new' ones.

Last edited by skeebs; 01-01-2008 at 01:02 PM..
skeebs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-04-2007, 03:34 PM   #344
Jeepinty
2002 TJ Wrangler 

You are a freaking genius.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksp2002TJ
My home made dome light bypass set up.... A scrap bracket I found in a junk drawer in my workbench and a screw. The main thing to remember is to swivel the bracket up out of the way when you go to put the doors back on. I failed to do this once (not out of laziness, it just slipped my mind to flip 'em up) and broke the light switches on both sides when I closed the doors.....time to hit the junk yard and get 'new' ones.

Jeepinty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-04-2007, 05:32 PM   #345
Thunderstrike
Web Wheeler

2009 JK Wrangler 

BEST MOD I'VE SEEN LATELY. Fuse mod also takes out the buzzer warning for lights, so this mod's much better. I would improve on the mod to add an open hook side to slide under a screw at the other side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksp2002TJ

Auto, Power, Remote Start, Towing Package, MyGig Navigation with Lockpick, Rear View Camera, B&M 70268 Transmission Cooler, Aeroforce Interceptor, Valentine 1, Tub Sound-Deadened with Raamat and Ensolite, Hard Top Heat Insulated with 1/2" Styrofoam Insulation, Bilstein Shocks Front & Rear, PIAA Dual Horns, IPF 920H4 Headlights.
Protection: Skid Row Engine Skid, Lower Control Arm skid & Evaporator Skid; Rock Hard Gas Tank Skid; Warn Stainless Steel Differential Skid Front & Rear.
Recovery Gear: Warn 9.5Ti Winch, 11,000# Pull-Pal.
Communication: Uniden 520XL CB, Diesel External Speaker, 3' FireStik Whip.
Shrockworks Mid-width Front Bumper with Warn 9.5Ti Winch -- Ordered 7/17/2009; Bumper Received 12/4/2009.
1" Coil Spacer Front & 1/2" Coil Spacer Rear restored OEM Rake.
4x4 Trips:
Moab - 4/2006, 5/2008, 4/2009, 5/2011, 4/2013
Ouray - 8/2007
Rubicon - 9/2008
Gone, but not forgotten: 2004 TJ, 1999 Audi A4, 1992 VW Jetta GL 5 Speed

Last edited by Thunderstrike; 12-04-2007 at 07:19 PM..
Thunderstrike is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
home made , homemade , tj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.